Tree saddle

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by MObottomshunter, Aug 21, 2008.

1. MObottomshunter

MObottomshunter Brown its down

Does anyone on here hunt with a tree saddle?

2. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

ok I'll bite. what is a tree saddle.:noidea:

3. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Nope:noidea: :welcome:

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

5. MObottomshunter

Well like JC said its a sling with a seat built in. Its a tree stand that you just hand in and you wear it like a safety harness. You can put it in any tree imaginable, well atleast that will hold your weight. I got it because i hunt right on the missouri river and it is extremely thick but over run with deer. The problem is that the trees are all so small because the whole property is like a thicket. It definitly solved my problem though. I just wanted to talk it up cuz its frikin sweet and the most mobile hunting device i own and not many people know of it and it could change the way they hunt tremendously if you wana check it out just go to www.treesaddle.com.

6. MObottomshunter

I also forget to mention the best part about it is that you can walk completely around the tree so you have 360 degrees of shot opportunities which for us bow hunters know is definitly an advantage.

7. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I'm a little scared of heights! I think that wil do me in. :lol:

8. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Say that might be kinda handy........

9. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Gotta get me one of them tree diapers some day.

10. Carbon 4 Runner

Carbon 4 Runner New Member

Okay, how do get up the tree, screw in steps, or tree climbing gear like loggers use?

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think most people use screw in tree steps

12. MObottomshunter

yeah i use screw in tree steps but it comes with a harness to climb like loggers do. If you got the balls you can get some boot spikes and climb on up but im not doin that ****. Any way you need steps around the base of where you are settling to move around the tree so its much easier to use tree steps. its a prety bad ass product.

13. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Are they comfortable enough for an all day hunt?

14. MObottomshunter

Def. comtorable for an all day hunt. Its really prety comftorable because you can adjust the straps in many ways to were youre like sitting standing and any were in between lol its prety sweet.

15. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Actually they are very comfortable to the point of making it easier to sit all day. It’s really no different than sitting in a car seat, hammock or seat on a swing. You are able to move your legs and so forth so there are no pinch points to cause your feet to get cold or fall asleep. Just make sure you get one that is either your size or one size larger, if it's to small you will be to tight and uncomfortable. You can use this saddle with screw ins, ladders or what ever you prefer to get up in the tree with once your set you can shoot any direction completely around the tree or directly below you without any restrictions. They are very quiet to use setting up and coming down, and deadly quiet when setting up for a shot. Going in and out of a hunting area is sweet because you do not have issues with your stand snagging the heavy brush or any clincking of your equipment happening while sneaking into your spot . With the tree saddle it’s like wearing a pair of shorts to your stand be it walking or ridding a ATV. How often have you come across a hot spot and then had to figure how to set up or you’re spot that you are in has been patterned . Now you just find a tree and set up use the branches to your advantage there are no restrictions. Also you are in a safety system so you cannot fall out, even if you do take a nap. :biggrin1:
    A good way to get used of the tree saddle is to set up a tree or pole with your platform of choice be it steps or whatever you’re using a foot or two off the ground and practice your hookup and maneuvers. You will find that you can change positions very easily and quietly. I prefer using 4 Safe T steps (the Safe T steps won’t swing like some others) as my platform or a combination of a major tree branch and the steps or a top of a tree ladder with either the steps or a major branch.
    Take Care :peace: