tree stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by brandon45, May 26, 2008.

1. brandon45

brandon45 New Member

Im going to be hunting by myself in florida via wma's and am wondering about treestands...

The only one you can set up by yourself is a self climber right?

How many of you hunt wma's and go out with your treestand set it up and and take it down each day? does it work well?

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

you can put up climbing sticks and a chain on by yourself. if you're hunting on public land and taking it in and out with you daily a climber is the only way to go.

3. phillip

phillip Hog wild

I do some hunting on public lands and do not want to leave a stand out unattended. I carry my climber in and out and its not too bad.
    But I'll tell ya, for light and easy i like my pop up much better.
    My climber is about 30#. My pop up is 8# and sets up alot faster.
    The biggest key to pop up's is to shoot out of it as often as you can. Getting use to shooting out of one is the hard'est part.
    Hey good luck on your hunt and let us know how it turns out.:wave: :wave: :usa:

4. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Public land......take your stand in and out EVERY day, unless you are hunting 10 miles in on hard hiking trails otherwise it will get stolen. Easiest is a climber. Quick on and off a tree, and most are comfortable to sit all day.

5. brandon45

brandon45 New Member

do you think I'll have plenty of trees that will work for a climber?also if you had to choose would you get a ground blind or tree stand?

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Depends on what part of FL you'll be hunting in. Most climbers work on 8"-20" trees. The smaller the diameter, the less likely I would be to climb them (sway in the wind too much). The larger the diameter, the harder they are to climb (doesn't allow the chain/cable/whatever to move very much). Also remember that trees taper as they go up so the diameter gets smaller, adjust your stand accordingly before you leave the ground!