tree stands?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by jessetjames, Feb 19, 2008.

1. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

ok so how much is a decent tree stand but isnt to much. like is good and comfterble but dosnt put a big hole in ur wallet? im looking around but dont really know what are good brands and such.

Thanks
    jessetjames

2. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

If you are talking about a climbing stand....gorilla makes a good one for around $100.....Lock on's.....gorilla also makes a good stand for about $45 at walmart. I own both and really enjoy them! JMO......

3. jessetjames

ok cool thanks. any other options?

and should i go with a climber or hang on?

4. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

That also depends if you are a versital hunter or like to hunt in a more isolated area?? If i had the choice and could only choose one i would go with the climber just because you can go just about ANYWHERE with it and it also goes in and out of the woods with you......IT CAN NOT GET STOLEN!!!!!!!

5. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

all depends on where you hunt and if you know the area well...

if you know you want to hunt the same spot put a lock on up, or a ladder stand...

if you're going someplace for the first time and you may not go back and you don't want to get stuck with a lock on there, get a climber...

I use a Summit Climber, 180MAX ( i think ) had to go with this one because of the weight limits! I was real fat back then, now I'm only fat!! HA HA HA

:peace:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

SUMMIT!!!

They are a little pricey at first but worth every penny. Extremely comfortable for all day hunts, easily removable so they don't get stolen and light enough to pack in where you need to go. I love mine and after trying it out once my dad and buddy both bought one.

ps: never leave you stands in trees if you don't want them to walk off.

7. jessetjames

ok cool. ya that was another thing i was thinking of the weight of it and comfterble of the stand is very importent to me to. im going to have to take a look into summit.

8. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I too would concur with Gorilla. I also really liked my Bigfoot XL hang on. Someone else liked it enough to take it.

9. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Lone Wolf and four sticks is the ONLY way to hunt!

10. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

yeah, when you hunt on a unlimited I live in my parent's basement budget.

Give me $400 and I'll buy a decent climber and 3 hang ons before I buy a Lonewolf. Not because Lonewolf isn't good, just because they cost too much.

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

and at the end of the season you'll have a climber left

12. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I have a climber. Climbers don't go in every tree I want to go in. Most trees in Ohio have limbs on them. I want to pick my spot, not my stand pick my spot for me. :cool:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

sounds like you need some more thieves in Ohio... want me to send you some? we have PLENTY over here. :mad:

14. jessetjames

ok so im going to go with a climber know what brand and modle?

so im looking a comfertble and light not expensive climber. got any brand names and modles?

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

that is where the money starts coming into play as the features add to the price...

if you want an open front or closed front, sit/stand or just stand?, hug the tree or sit and pull? weight requirements?

Personally I need an open front, I don't shoot sitting down, and I hate hugging trees to climb them, especially in the rain/sleet/snow as they get very slick.

for all these the Summit Viper series was a clear winner for me. I think I paid 150 used.

Whats your budget look like?

16. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Lonewolf and Summit are the best. Consequently, the most expensive. My climber is so cheap, I really don't even know who makes it. It weighs about 80lbs. Good thing I'm tough.

17. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I started using a Gorilla, it was solid but not comfortable and a pain to carry. I got an 07 Summit Viper used for $125.00; I'll never go back. I'm with Dredly - a comfortable stand is worth it.

18. jessetjames

im looking at 100 maby more like 125 150. think i might go with a summit or lone wolf. i hered good things about lone wolf.

19. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

You won't find a Lone Wolf climber for that!
    I currently have one and love it but the Gorilla is also a great stand.

20. jessetjames

lol yah just found that out lol went to lone wolf and about dide lol. think i might get a summit off of ebay can get a decent one there :).