Tree???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Sep 4, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what type of tree (species) do you look for after you have found a good spot to hang a stand???

I somewhat prefer hemlock in the north eastern woods as they usally provide good cover and break up your outline, plus offer good cover scent options, and keep there needles even when the leaves are off of the trees....

of course nothing beats an ol maple on a stonewall next to a field edge that has 10 or so leader comming out of it, that usally works pretty well also

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I got one I setup in a big ole' oak between 2 cedars. The ladder fits right between the cedars and they are about 3 ft above the platform it's like sitting in a blind:biggrin1: . Other than that it's mostly hardwoods.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Hope no one gets pissed about all the slightly related tree stand questions...
    but I felt they needed there own threads.....

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You know someone's gonna say it:tape:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I know so I will just say it myself....

Bowman is just upping his post count, cuz thats all he comes here for.....

If I tried to put all these topics in one thread do you know how loooooonnnnggggg that would have been????

And if I only wanted to do that....why would I come up w/so many different topics????

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

stop upping your post count! :mad: :laugh:

I normally look for a larger hardwood, most of the pine in my area is White Pine, which provides great cover... but normally just screws up my shooting lanes, if I had a big oak at my back its gonna be pretty hard for that deer to see me :)