trophies

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by killbambidead, Jul 31, 2006.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

im just wondering how many people on here have at least 1 trophy buck hanging on the wall weve got 8 deer over 130 mounted

2. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

I gues it depends on what you call a trophy. In vermont a Trophy is a lot smaller then in a lot of other states. My family has shoot a lot of nice bucks that we consider trophies in vermont. Also we have shot a lot of trophy deer in NY and PA which is a little bigger then our vermont deer. In all considering scoring of deer we haven't shot that many trophy deer. We have shot 3 bucks reaching the 130" mark in the past 5 years. We have aslo shot some nice 8's, 9's and 10's over the past 5 years scoring between 100"-120" that in our book we consider trophies.

3. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

trophy deer

Goodness, I have hunted some spooky ol does that would put some bucks to shame. I hunted one ol doe for 3 years . I would like to think she died or moved on after my attemps on her life:caked: . That sure would have been a trophy to me, I do have a coulpe of good bucks on the wall > Iguess it is all a matter of prespective. Striahgt Shootin, Holy Smokes