Trophy Ridge Arrows... No Kidding...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I just got my Peterson's Bowhunting magazine today and, per their advertisement, Trophy Ridge has arrows being officially unveiled October 1st...

Shaft straightness .0008"... Notice the extra 0 in that measurement.
    3 spines: 350, 400, 550
    Ugly orange-ish yellow graphics like all their stuff has.
    They use half-out inserts like Easton has as an option on some of their target arrows. The half-outs are the ugly orange-ish yellow too...
    They have Predator vanes by Duravane.

The ad says they provide more kinetic energy, which probably means that they are heavier than an average carbon hunting arrow. They did not print the gpi information...

So, I wonder which country outside the US those are made in ?

And I knew that TR bought Rocket Broadheads but they also bought Whisker Buisquit rights from Carolina Archery (or all of Carolina Archery...). It's all in one ad...

Ron

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I wouldnt buy a sticker that those guys made. let alone arrows. They should concentrate on curring there rests and keeping there sight micro adjustment levers from breaking before they start with arrows...

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Didn't the Escalade Sports people buy Trophy Ridge? Looks like they are trying to own all the manufacturing required to make every item on a bow.....:noidea:

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I think that I will stick with me Carbon Express

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm not plugging for TR... Believe me. I have a TR top of the line sight from a few years ago that I had to spend another $40 on to get right. They might be better now but it's too late for me. I'm a business man and a company gets 1 strike from me and they're out and heading to the 'pine'. $90 for a TR one piece quiver ???? What are they smoking in that company ?

TR seems to be the one trying to buy up the market to have a complete bow and accessory package. Just which bow company are they going to buy ???

I was just shocked to hell to see a TR arrow ad. I was actually really. really shocked...

Geez....

Ron

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I sure hope their arrows are better than their rests, and sights.:frusty:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Lord knows I'm not going to try them...

Ron

8. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

wonder how long it will take before they come out with a arrow repair kit?

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yes they did...

TR isn't buying anyone, they got bought by Escalade a year or so ago along with Carolina Archery and Rocket Broadheads.

Escalade is also the owner of NAAG (North American Archery Group) the guys that make Fred Bear, Buckmasters... etc

11. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow, there are already too many arrows on the market. Their going to need to do something to really make them stand out. With a .0008 straightness factor, I wonder what the price is going to be?

12. Apparently Ronhop has been living under a rock....Beginning of this year, as Dredley stated, TR was bought out by Escalade Sports/Bear Archery. TR won't be buying a bow company, a bow company bought them.

Escalade had bought CAP (Whicker Biscuits, etc) long before TR, but now the WB and CAP's other products will be marketed under the Trophy Ridge name.

The TR arrows look pretty dang cool if you ask me - but I am a TR fan boy and former/current :)confused: ) Pro Staffer.

Another rumor is that Escalade bought out Gold Tip, and the new TR arrows are really old Gold Tips with different features.....We'll know more on October 1.

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Nope I definitely don't live under a rock, as evidence by the fact that I'm the one who posted this thread...:bowl:

Ron

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont mind Dan.......he means well.....:noidea:

he has freind issues......:tape: :lol:

15. Pinwheel1969

friends??? Whats that??:frusty:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you need a bunny hug????:lol: :lol:

17. Pinwheel1969

hey bunny.I found a couple of pics for an avatar..

18. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I read that in given time,Escalade/Bear is going to give the old looks of the TR products a new make over..be interesting to see what they'll look like.I'm sure that escalade/bear knew that some changes would have to be made when taking over.I remember just a couple short years ago,if someone said anything negitive about TR....a Buuunch of people would jump their butt.Funny how things change.

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Well, he should not feel bad because I do to... At times... :laugh:
    Seems everyone can be my friend when they need something, then disappear into thin air after I deliver... :frusty:

Ron

20. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Friends...........I have a couple, problem is they do not have any.:tape: :laugh: