Trophy Ridge Arrows... No Kidding...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

Ron

2. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

There is no NAAG. That got changed sometime in 2004 when the infamous Escalade Sports ceased making Golden Eagle bows. At that time they changed the name to "Fred Bear Equipment Company". Wh know what it is now? Carolina Trophy Bear???

Frankly, I think the last really top notch bow that they made was the Tamerlane and ther Alaskan. Since then they've been mediocre. And by buying TR they're just reinforcing my thoughts.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

agreed......trophy ridge gets a big thumbs down from me......

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are you trying to say.......:noidea: :biggrin1:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Actually the new Fred Bear bows are supposed to be very very good. I think Escalade has realized that their is some compteition in the archery market and a LOT of money to be made so they are stepping it up a bit.

I like Trophy Ridge, their drops are great, very solid and I never had a problem with mine. I love my CAP WB as well so I have no complaints.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

trust me you will and when you do, you will be crying just like you always do, when something doesnt last forever.......:noidea: :lol: :lol:

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Love my drop zones....best hunting drop around IMO. I don't know about any of their other products though.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

the one my Ovation is over 4 years old and hasn't failed yet... seems pretty darn reliable to me?

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You have been very very lucky then. Those things are what we call a disposable rest. Shoot a tournament with them and toss em.:peace:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Really? I've never heard of any issues with them... Trophy Ridge Drop Zone right?

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep thats the one......they sell more repair kits than rests.:doh:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Guess I'm just really lucky then.

13. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

me too...I have had mine a couple years and Pink has had hers for the same amount of time with no problems.

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I took one apart once to replace the cord. After I saw how it was made, I sold it and got a ripcord....:peace:

15. They gave the repair kits away:cool:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so they admited they had a problem..........:doh:

17. They found a flaw and addressed it without charging for it....good customer service.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

did they fix the problem????:noidea:

19. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

All TRR items I have rest, sights and stabs o yes one peice quiver has never let me down. 3 years and counting.

I call TR and ask about the buy out. They tryed to feed me a line of BS that Fred Bear started Esclade. Ya right lol

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007

20. The kits addressed the problem as far as I know - but I have not had a problem with mine....but I do have a kit at home if I need it.

Any product that has moveable part obviously has a greater chance to develop problems, especially as time goes on and these parts start to wear...

Think about it though - the Drop Zone is one of, if not the most popular drop away rests out htere - has been going strong for many years....there are literally hundreds of thousands of them out there.......I think having a kit available to keep them in tip top shape if awesome! Even if you had to pay for it - it would be cheaper than buying a new rest. :amen: