Tru-Ball Deluxe Tornado for hunting?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Is this a good release for hunting, Someone said try a few different ones but the shops around my way are always to busy to let you try stuff so im going to have to go on word of mouth. The only release I have ever had was a glove release by Allen, its an actual glove. I was going to buy a new rest but due to the fact that my new arrows are narrower they are staying on the rest better so I have elected to get a release and this particular one caught my eye. I like the idea of the 360d turning seeing is how my form is not by any means perfect. The fact it closes by letting up on the trigger and it seems pretty adjustable all together also were a major plus.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Tru-Ball makes great releases. As for the tornado I have never shot it. Good luck and happy shootin.:peace:

3. Southernfryedyankee

I also found this one,Tru Fire Judge Buckle Release any opinions?

4. Southernfryedyankee

and the Scott Deluxe Mongoose

5. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

All 3 are great releases. I like the Tru Ball releases better but that is MHO. Shoot them and see which you like best.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The 3 you are looking at are good releases. Pick the one you like best.

7. Southernfryedyankee

Does the Scott mongoose deluxe have the 360 degree turning to prevent string torque?

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

No the mongoose does not have a rotating head.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a Tornado for hunting and I like it. However you should try as many as you can since hand size and comfort have a lot to do with your confidence.

Ron

10. red44

red44 Senior Member

I also use a Tornado same one for three years, no problems. The deluxe has the adjustable trigger right? I'd go with the buckle strap, hate that velcro noise.

11. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I've owned the same cobra caliper release for nearly 20 years. Think I paid 20 bucks at wallyworld. It got so it wouldn't open and close correctly so I took it apart and cleaned it up - good as new.I've replaced the strap 3 times and need another one but can't find one anywhere. Anybody know where I can find a relpacement strap for a cobra release?

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

13. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

Hey thanks a lot ED-just what I was looking for.

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

No problem...