Tru-Nock...Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Dec 5, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Thinking about throwing a Tru-Nock on my bow...what are people opinion's on these? Are they worth losing the fps'...and do they really work at lining up the peep perfectly every time.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

stick w/a rope loop and get a good quality string like those from JCmorgan, that will not rotate........

thats only my opinion.......

I think you need to just work w/what you have for a while now and get your form perfected, as in repeatable......and then you can try the otherstuff.....

3. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

If you say so Bunny, I'll stick with what you say. Haven't done me wrong yet...

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you should drive Dodge.......shoot Remington and Mathews.........use Stihl hand held power equipment.......and ride SUZUKI.......:D :D :D

sorry I am abusing the power arent I????:D :noidea: :lol:

5. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I said you haven't steered me wrong yet, but if you turn me into Bunny Jr...I don't know if i'd appreciate that either. Someday, hopefully you and I will meet at a tourny or something and I'll have the privilage of losing to you...but not by much, because you helped me get there. That'd be sweet. I agree with your Matthews statement, and Suzuki and Stihl, but I don't think Dodge, unless it's a ram. I own a 2006 Jeep Rubicon, and LOVE IT! :rockon: :rockon:

....and I'm a Browning Boy for Rifles...Muzzleloader preferrably

6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

but when i get my bowtech in 15 years...i will be all over all you guys

PS- only 15 years because thats how long its going to take me to save up to their price tags:dizzy:

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

In 15 years if there still in business they'll be 3 grand....:peace:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NO NO NO........Savage arms was built on a solid foundation of offering awsome rifles at offardable prices.....lets hope that they bring this to the archery industry.....

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you are more than welcome to meet us at the R100 and just remember it only takes me one arrow to completly SELF DESTRUCT, just ask smokes......:noidea:

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Dodge yes, bows I own from one from most companys, But the statement of suck zuki. But what do bunnys know? Most not be much.
    On the nock thing, I use a speed nock, it fits in the D loop and does the same thing.

11. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Metal D Loops are bad, bad, bad. Did I mention they were BAD? Put a regular string loop on your bow.

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I agree, metal loops cause more trouble than good. Any added weight to the string will make any string oscillation after the shot much worse. Look up some videos on youtube, I will never shoot another metal d-loop! Just FYI the "5-star nock", which was on my brothers martin weighed 85 grains! That little piece of engineering is now on the wall of shame at the shop. He went from shooting 220 with aluminums and the "5-star" to 260 with carbons and a string d-loop, and its much quieter now! Metal loops are the devil!:typing: :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7hxjTP-8zg

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree with Chris. metal D loops are evil.
    Either use a rope loop or shoot off the string. I have been shooting off the string for a couple of years now and I don't have any issues.

Ron