Tru Nock Vs String Loop

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by UPSTATE, Jan 17, 2008.

1. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

After reading what was being said about string loops I began to wonder about my setup. I use the tru nock. what do you guys think? pro and cons

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Con is a small piece of metal flying around on your string.

3. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I hope thats not why you are the one eyed wonder!

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Sure is :peace:

Just kidding, Hit by a semi truck.

Door

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha

I use Metal-D's for hunting and tournaments and have for about 10 years since they came out.
    Im switching to rope-loop for 3D this year but still gonna use the metal-d for hunting i can get my release on easier without looking at it.:D
    Do what u feel work's best for you dont listen to archers that never tried it!
    And in 10 years i never had 1 fly apart and im gaining 2fps with it,ive shot thru the crony several times to check speed.:D
    check it out, My huntin and target bow!:D

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

CON is when you strip the little stupid screws and cant get them tight or loose........

or how about when one of those stupid little screws falls on the floor.......

or how about when your watching that buck and bang your release into and scare the deer off......

I dont see any PRO's sorry.......

7. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

1. true the screw can strip out on you, i haven't had it happen but is possible.

2. it is true about the little screws i have lost them before but i wrote an email to the company and they sent me a bag full for free, but i couldnt shoot that bow for about 2 weeks.

3. the metal is a really light weight aluminum alloy and it doesnt really make any noise banging my release into it, and i tested it just now to see if this was true, and it isnt at least on mine anyway.

i have one on my old bow and i liked it, for the most part, but i havent put one on my new bow based on things i have read on here and other places.

i was trying not to decrease my arrow speed with all the extra stuff on my string, so i just put a string loop knock and a peep with no tubing on it.

i can see one advantage to them, if u have a string that twists it can help to align your peep.
    my string on my new truth doesnt twist so thats not a problem on that bow.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

any of these things can also be solved w/a rope D-loop........

9. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

true

im just giving my 2 cents on it.
    im not even using one on my new bow.

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep

Like i said its a waisted dispute.
    If u have shot them and like them use them
    They are not as bad as people say about them
    Ive been in this discussion before and everyone that was against them
    most had never even tryed them.
    I feel myself they have there place.
    There great for hunting, because there an extention to the string you can push your release on it and it clamps down, even in the dark.
    You dont have to grab the rope-loop to hook it when its wet in the rain.
    I switched to the metal-D for hunting and 3D.
    I do think now it shouldnt be used on target bows two many shots may cause it to loosen up.
    Mine didnt but it turned alot after tournaments and had to reset it.
    Still it held out,didnt blow apart,cause nocking point problems.
    With that said im useing a rope-D on my target bow this year and if i have any problems with it,ill switch back.
    10years ago i was shooting tournys and had a rope-D break after about 6months and 20 tournaments and i dont want to keep puttin ropes on this year.
    Maybe they make the rope material better than they use to 10years ago
    We will see.:D

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have had the same Rope loop on my Switchback for 3 years......and i aint saying how many shots.......:lol:

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ya

U just said it!
    youve had the same rope-loop on your switchback for 3 years.
    and never changed the string?:noidea:
    Must have not shot it much in 3 years my string only last 1 year if that!:lol:
    Or you have alot more bows than i have to choose from.:noidea:
    Like i said the rope today must be better than it was 10years ago
    I have used the same Metal-D on my hunting bow but its been thru about 8 bow-strings in 10years i Know a rope loop cant last that long.

13. tmurphy

tmurphy Guest

this debate could be just like which bow is better :peace:

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

sorry

Ive been in it before this same thing about a year ago:laugh:
    Its all in fun............
    I like all archery stuff..:D

15. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I used a rope loop 10-15 years ago when shooting 3d. I watched them break on a buddies bow 2 weeks in a row. I had a buck fever moment and couldn't get it clipped on in time in the cold with a buck coming in once.Then I got rid of the tubing peep aliner and discovered the tru nock for lining up the peep. I've had this system for over 10 years without a problem. I was just curious what the latest technology and thoughts were lately.

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

actually second string, same loop, switched it over:rockon:

17. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I used a metal loop for a long time. Back when I used a $20 wrist strap release.

Now I use a $100+ Stan Super X. The metal loop will wear on a releases jaws. They cost too much anymore....

I will say I never had an issue with the metal loop. Loop material has improved and they aren't gonna break if tied properly..

19. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I already know the answer to that one.:laugh:

20. nubo1

nubo1 New Member

Rope hand's down for me

No sense making an argument out of this ,so I'll noil it down to personal preference ,But it does add extra weight to you string and a rope is much cheaper and I've never had one come off yet . My preference is the rope .

nubo