truck advice

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by killbambidead, Feb 7, 2008.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

Anyone on here truck smart? i wanna no wat u think .. i have a 1996 f150 std cab, short bed, edie baur edition, 4x4 that were rebuildiing. we ordered a new 302 crate engine and are rebuilding the transmission. im wondering what kind of exhaust do u think i should run ? i plan on haveing headers and would like it to b loud as hell. i was thing straight pipes or put exhaust cut outs right off the headers and then run flowmaster 40 series mufflers ..... watcha think ?

2. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

You wont sneek up on nother with 40's on her! They do soud good.

3. I would do the cutouts, that way you can cruise by the law without attracting him so much.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

cut outs are awesome a real rush
    flowmaster is the muffel of choice
    had em on a 429 in a ranchero 468 hp
    it would stop tha ground

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Cherry bombs.......:peace: :peace:

6. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Throw the mufflers in the junk. Go from the headers to twin stacks.

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

1991 camero mufflers they have on one side one inlet and out let. On the other side there is an outlet only. So put 2 on back wards. then you have straight pipes but the cops will see mufflers so you can say you have mufflers and you make so much HP you can not get it quite officer lol

8. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

in the county i live in i dont need cats or mufflers ... and my firends want me to do stacks but imo u needa diesel to pull em off

9. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

My question is why would you even want to ???? Not only is the is the noise polution annoying, Not to mention the air polution by not having converters on it. It will not be a good truck to take while hunting. The 302 is a great engine but underpowered. I also have a '96, 302 F150.:noidea: :noidea: :noidea:

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I disagree with pretty much everything thats posted here! First of all it's a 302 in a 4x4 truck, I don't know what you plan on doing with it, but it won't be a whole lot. I'm not trying to crush your dreams just a taste of reality!:Cry: I would suggest just flowmaster 40 series from either stock manifolds or long tube headers. With small displacement motors, long tube headers with small primaries will make the best low end power. And dont get over 2.5" pipes that will also help with low end power, all of which you will need with a 302 in a 4x4! Ditch the cutout idea, they will always leak and make your exhaust sound like garbage. I bought a pair for my Malibu, but thought better of it! Save the loud exhaust for something that actually merits the attention. Again, not trying to be a turd and rain on your parade just offering honest advise. I have seen too many turd bomber sloppy jalopies with loud exhaust. Save your fellow motorists the anguish and just make it sound like it has a quality exhaust system on it. :frusty: Seriously, just make it sound decent and be happy with it! Open headers or cutouts on a pretty well stock 302 crate motor is going to sound about like this.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nm28wMnWw0E
    NOT This
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vb2IwqmXsCA&feature=related
    Much better
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QmpbdZTA7ek

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008