Tuning issue... WTH!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Okay so I'm tuning my bow, discover the nock point is about 1+ inches off, fix that.

Now when I shoot field points they hit good from 10 - 30 yards, in pretty much a straight line right where they should. They have a 400 spine and are 29" long. Put on broadheads and it looks like I'm shooting with my eyes closed. they are all over the place, no pattern.

I try shooting broadheads and they are all over the place... okay switch arrows to Beman ICS Hunter 340. Field points are hitting fine switch to Broadheads

Now i have one Beman ICS Hunter 340 that will hit the X or in line with the X from 10 to 25 (didn't bother shooting 30). 2 other Beman ICS Hunter 340's are all over the place. Same Muzzy 100 grain heads and exact same arrow setup. these are brand new just took them out of the pack heads, doesn't matter which head I put on which arrow.

WTF is going on?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

turn your broadheads in the shaft......thus tuning them.......

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

just broke out the remainder of my 7595's w/ blazers and did some testing. they shoot great. finally I'm done tuning and can hunt this week! :rockon:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sweet glad to hear it........

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Glad we could help...:laugh:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so did you get him yet????????

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

no hunting on sunday remember?

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

midnight starts monday.......go get in your stand.........:frusty: :frusty:

10. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

It's still to early dude remeber we set our clocks back last night.......:frusty: :frusty:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

75/95s are 340s. Who cut and squared the shafts?

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

proshop where he got them. My dad has been shooting them without any issue out to 40 yards and they hare hitting perfectly... I don't know whats going on

I'm going to play around with blazers on some of the arrows that I couldn't get to shoot correctly yesterday. Maybe it will make a difference. Also going to do some more shooting and make sure I'm still happy with the performance. As long as everything works I'll be out tomorrow AM