Turkey Broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by dbdcougar, Aug 11, 2008.

1. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

My daughter informed me over the weekend she wants wants to try to stick a turkey this October while I'm out chasing whtetails. She's running 214fps with a 290gr arrow and I'm wondering what point to put on her arrows. I'm thinking of something like a Talon, do you think she has enough to use a 2-3/4" Magnus? :noidea:

2. Werd

Werd Senior Member

After you add the 100 grains on for the broadhead, thats only 39lbs of KE. I would go with the fixed blade on this one. The talon should get the job done with good shot placement, getting threw all them feathers is the only stop

3. dbdcougar

I was thinking the Magnus was not a good idea.

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Any fixed blade at that FPS would be the way to go. Crimson talons would be my way to go. Also the guillotine broadhead would be another choice.

5. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

gobbler guillotine they are 2.5 x 2.5 you aim at the head - neck cuts the head right off even if you miss by an inch you will still cut his head off :rockon:

6. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

7. I missed

I missed Senior Member

3 1/2 inch magnum:peace: :peace:

8. dbdcougar

Not allowed in the fall in my county :nono: :noidea:

9. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

gobbler guilotine heads are not the best widecut turkey choppers. I do not recomend them due to engineering design weeknesses. You might want to try the magnus ones, though. I am pleased with other Magnus products' quality, though I have not tried their turkey heads.