Turkey down

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Nov 17, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I got a turkey on Friday morning. I took a friend out to hunt in the morning with me. He is a cross bow hunter:frusty: We set up the double bull and put out 8 turkey decoys. They were from 15 to 4 yards in range. My goal was to get my friend his first turkey, today was not to be his day:D .

We climbed into the blind and got set up. I hit the call and within 30 seconds(no joke) a lone jake walked in to the decoys. My friend picked up his cross bow and took aim. He shot 8 inches over its back at 10 yards:doh: I just looked at him in disbelief. I calmly picked up my bow and drew back. The turkey was still coming closer. I released an crimson talon at 3 - 4 yards from the blind. The bird only went 10 yards and fell over. I guess all the shooting at the 3d shoots this year paid off. I hit this bird perfect.

As for my friend, he told me he maybe should have shot his new bolts to see where his bow was hitting.:dizzy: Some people amaze me! I would not have ever let him hunt with me if I had known that he didn't even sight his cross bow in.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so Dredly missed again.........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

now thtas bowhunting supreme.
    way ta go LC
    Now ya got a big bird fer Tday:D :D :D :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I couldn't wait that long. Since I had Friday off I went ahead and cooked him up boy was he good.

But not as good as shootin better than someone with a cross bow:rockon: :tape: