Turkey Hunting

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by acclungbuster01, Jan 24, 2007.

1. acclungbuster01

acclungbuster01 Junior Member

I'm going back to the double bull this spring as are probably most of you for the turkey season. Having a real delima on if I want to switch over to the Gullotine's or stick with the striker 100 grain. what do y'all think about them ???

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I've never shot a Guillotine, but I've seen what they can do up close...impressive...I just don't know if I would shoot them. They seem like you would have to replace the blades after every use...

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey I like the guilitine...and as far replaceing the blades I was able to practice w/oneand the use the othertwo for hunting.....missed by an inch...oh so close.....

4. acclungbuster01

I'm concerened about having to four fletch or even 6 fletch to stabilize the balance.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

25 and under the three fletch w/a hard helical was all it took to stabilize them

6. acclungbuster01

4 inch vanes , feathers ?? I curently run all three sets with 2" blazers

7. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

first off nice name.

and second I use a big expanable . I like aiming for the vitals. I have never shot the other but head shots at 20 yds I feel the turkey would hve to be close for the shot and I don't know how they would fly at far dictances.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was using 4 inch feathers and 4 inch vanes.....both with the hardest helical that I can put on them w/my bitzenburgers

9. acclungbuster01

awesome feedback guys, i work at Cabelas and was watching the doublebull video and man oh man we wear amazed they tore'em up and layed'em down god I love Bowhunting:peace: :peace: