Turkeys and Traintracks

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by SinGin, Jan 9, 2008.

1. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I am looking to buy 53 acres in north east Mo. The only thing that bothers me is a set of traintracks runs along one side of the property. I know they wont bother the deer much but was wondering if anyone had experience with them and turkeys. We were their 2 hours checking the place out had 4 or 5 trains go through.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

turkeys and trains

MORTAL ENEMY'S

just kidding, I have never heard that the 2 cant get along:noidea:

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I use to hunt an area that is simalar to what you have and everytime a train came through the turkeys would gobble their a:censored: off.Strange sounds during spring turkey season....trk doors closing,jets flying over,thunder etc...will cause toms to sound of...

4. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I figured it wouldnt be much different than next to a highway but you never know with those crazy birds.

5. Keith

Keith Junior Member

I often hunt where there is a very busy track just just across the small river from my stand. The noise is irritating. There have been many days where turkeys have flown from my side of the river and landed next to the tracks and worked the areas near the tracks for food and walked on and across the tracks.

I have thought many times that if I was set up in a blind on those tracks, I could kill a turkey easily. Of coarse the train might present a small problem:scared:

Bottom line is: Turkeys ain't skeered of no tracks.

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Turkey's fear Fiddle Tracks.....:rockon: :rockon:

7. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Turkey's aren't any different than deer...they get use to there surroundings...besides,they need gravel for their crawl after eating,which there should be plenty around the tracks for them.

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I don't know about trains but I hunt at hte end of a runway of the local airport. The planes are about 80 ft up when they fly over. The small jets are really loud. It seems that the only ones bothered by these noises are the hunters. So, I don't think thadt the trains should bother them.:biggrin1: