Type of Release for SPOT/3-D Shooting???

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Wrist/trigger release

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Thumb release

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Back Tension Release

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Wanted to see what the majority of you are using out there for Spot and 3-D shooting. I am getting into target shooting and I want to find the best method. I have a Stinger release which is a wrist release, but I can see already that it promotes target panic. I have done it 4 times now in the past 3 days of shooting about 3 hours a day...so that pisses me off. Is Back Tension release the way to go for target shooting, or do alot of you use thumb releases? Let me know, and WHY!!!

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I have all kinds of T handles, but the one I like the best is Tru Ball 3 finger ST 360. I have found it is real hard to torque it.

3. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I am using a thumb release now but plan on trying a back tension when I get the coin together.

4. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Since I want to a TRU Ball ST3, I can't even shoot a wrist caliper style anymore. I even use it for hunting.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

TRU BALL Pro Diamond hunting......and 3D......set up so it goes off by squezing my whole hand together, w/the trigger against the pad of my hand......

Carter EVO+ for spots........reason......cus I like to be abused:lol:

you didnt give the option of more than one choice.......:noidea:

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I shot a tru ball 4 finger BT release all summer for 3D. I bought a Scott longhorn BT 3 finger that I am trying out currently and I really like it. I intend to shoot spots with it this winter...:peace:

7. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Member

That's funny right there. :laugh:

We have a "shop" EVO+ that we play around with from time to time. Whenever someone grabs it people gather around. It's always good for a laugh. Of course, noone knows what it's set on, and noone knows when it's going to release either. It may go off when you let go of the safety or it may not go off at all .

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a Pro Diamond for 3D and hunting the exact same way Bunnyboy does except I have a Carter adjust-o-trigger on mine instead of a diamond shaped trigger it comes with. I like that release a lot. Squeeze your hand tight to get it to go off. Predictable, but not too predictable, if that makes any sense.

I also have a Carter Solution 3 in back-tension 'mode' that I play around with once in a while. I still have not gotten the guts to bring it out on the 3D course and I certainly will not use it for hunting... I might try it for spots in January when the next league starts. The BT releases definitely make me nervous.

Ron

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now thats abusive......:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I like the part when he says "When someone grabs it people gather around..."
    :lol:

Like pending doom or something...
    :lol:

Ron

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

12. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Carter Evolution +!!! That thing rocks!!

13. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

Im feelin my modified Carter Ember I:rockon:

14. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

tru-ball ultra 3 bt gold. spots, 3d..