Unique Compound Bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Norien, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Norien

Norien Junior Member

Hi all. I was at the range and a guy was shooting a compound bow unlike anything I had ever seen before. The cables were run up through the body of the bow and the limbs themselves were seperate pieces which pulled up and back from the main body using some type of elastic cords. He told me the name of the bow and that the original designers had split from the main company and gone independent and of course I remember THAT part and can't recall the name of the bow. Did some googling and can't seem to come up with the right query to find this thing. Does this one sound familiar to anyone? If so and you shoot one I was curious about the benefits of this setup. This guy swore that it was lightyears ahead of all the rest technologically speaking. (but, as they say, it's the shooter that really counts and he was quite upset as he watched my little girl, 11 years old, shooting groups around the bull with her Genesis youth at 20 yards while he was a disaster area lol)
    Anyway, thanks for any info!

Best to you all
    Norien

2. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Maybe Oneida?

But check Monsterbows.com, they have perfected that style of bow.:rockon:

3. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

+1 Sounds like a monster to me....

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Someone find me a pic, I want to see it :biggrin1:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Thanks Dredly, I have seen one of those...I think they are very ugly :tape:

7. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Ugly yes! Smooth...very yes. :laugh: I shoot an Oneida Talon for Bow fishing, you have to watch that bottom limb though, it will take you out if your not careful.

Ben

8. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

my uncle used to have a bow like that about 10 years ago.... maybe more. had nothing but trouble with it.

9. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Oneida, yes, nothing but trouble.

Monster, no. A super smooth bow without the problems that Oneida has.

10. Norien

Norien Junior Member

It all comes back to me now lol

Yes. You pulled the right memory triggers for me. He was shooting the Oneida and was giving me the full court press sales pitch on it that you'd expect from a rep. lol. He did mention that the guys who split from the company (I'm supposing this is Monster) had refined/perfected the design which would seem to agree with some of the posts.

As always, thanks so much for your help!!

Norien

11. aligator

aligator Junior Member

[​IMG]

Oneida Pro Eagle

12. Its different, I like that, can't beat the stars and stripes:usa2: :usa2: :usa:

13. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Monster Bows have no cables

14. QSA

Nope still no cables

15. QSA

Told you, My Monster Bow should be here soon.

16. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

When I was doing research on which bow I was going to buy, I talked with the shop owner and tried an Onieda. I found it to be a real smooth shooting bow with little hand shock. The only problem that the shop owner told me about was that you need to really know how to tune this bow. From whatI remember, the process was a drawn out affair. I personally think this series of bows looks really cool.:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

17. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

No cables through the riser, but yes, Monsters have cables, specifically shoot thru style.