update: Loop walking around the string?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I just thought I would post an update about my loop walking around the string. Thanks to some good advice about making sure to have opposing knots, all is well.

I'm not sure why the opposing knots stopped this but so far so good.
    I even went as far as setting the knots up so they have a natural angle the same why my back tension release goes when I am shooting.

2. bjcrawfo

bjcrawfo Junior Member

Thanks for posting that good advice Chris..

3. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

my loop moved this summer and not matter what i did would not stop tell i put a new one on it:mad:

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I can see (no pun intended) who it would stop the movement by tying them in 2 diff. derections

5. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

They work against each other....i always wax my d-loop good and the knots seem to draw down tighter.

6. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Hey Chris, do you use those Viper d-loop plies? They are the best new tool for archers in a while! I love mine and when you really tighten the loops, they won't move without cutting them off!

Ben

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

because the loop will spin on serving when on same side. you'll eventually see the loop to the side. it pulls the serving apart and will walk then. by having it tied on opposite sides they pull against each other even.