User Reputation and Changes to the look of the forum.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I changed the look of the forum a bit tonight in case you didn't notice.
    I also added a REPUTATION bar below the users name.

This allows you to add or subtact to the user Reputation. What this means is if you feel the poster deserves a boost or made a really good post or thread give them a positive rating addition. Also if they post something you just totally disagree with, you can give them a negative to their reputation as well.

The more reputation a user has, the more credibility they have since this is controlled by the members of this forum.

Let me give an example, if someone just blatantly bashes a product for no reason, they deserve a to get a negative. Now if they a legitimate problem with a product they own, then they don't deserve a positive or a negative. Now, if a user gives great tuning information on explain how to do something better, give them a positive.

Does it really do anything? No, but it gives members and idea who are the top posters and who have received the most respect and credibility from the members of 3DShoots.com

If you have a negative reputation, it will appear in red instead of green

You also have to be an active member (quite a few posts) in order to give or retract from users reputation score.

Why did I enable the reputation feature? With all the constant bashing, flaming, etc on some of the other forum, this will enable the users of the board to police themselves. You will now know what the members of this forum think about your posts which could be good or bad.:biggrin1:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    3 people like this.
  2. dicksenn

dicksenn 14 Ring for Me!

Does this feature inform the member of who did the adding or subtracting of their user reputation?

1 person likes this.

3. Chris

Let's find out. I just bumped your reputation. Did you get a notice?

4. CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop New Member

Didn't get a notification, just saw this under user CP.

View attachment 22758

2 people like this.
  5. dicksenn

dicksenn 14 Ring for Me!

Okay, nice so you can see the comment and the thread but not who left it!

I noticed Chris got to start with full power! Geez, who'd he have to bribe to get a "reputation beyond repute", LOL! :biggrin1:

6. dicksenn

dicksenn 14 Ring for Me!

I just did some experimenting and I think I'm gonna like the reputation thing.

You can't cheat the system and try and boost someones reputation. In other words you can keep clicking on one members different threads and liking them all, you have to like some others and spread the love around. :hug:

7. Chris

Yep, I get to cheat.:peace:

8. dicksenn

dicksenn 14 Ring for Me!

I must disapprove of cheating :biggrin1: , that bad thing is your reputation is so good it can only go down.

9. Chris

Did anyone notice the new look of the thread layout?

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am noticing! It is nice to have a change for a while....

I am trying to come back a little more even though life is still crazy busy! I get instant positive reputation right?! :lol:

1 person likes this.
  11. Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan New Member

I like the color change:hug:

12. Chris

I'm considering having a custom theme built for the site. It's time for some new updates for it.

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

How about a "SLOGAN"????? lol:laugh: :noidea: Its just an idea

2 people like this.
  14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. Chris

Is it time to re-hash the slogan options?

Bring it on. You guys come up with a good one or bring the old thread back up and I'll put one up there.

16. bowman90

bowman90 New Member

I like this new look and the rep system also. Nice job Chris.:D :thumb:

17. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

I like the rep system...

I like the default color better

1 person likes this.
  18. Mr. Burns

Mr. Burns Eliteist

i agree with rodney. i like the color better honestly. its different. newer.. fresher..

good call.

19. pse 24

pse 24 New Member

We already have a post count to stoke our egos, why do we need little green boxes to tell us who's important and who's not:noidea:? . And after a week some people(not you Chris) already have 7 or 8 of them little things? Oh well Chris, it's your forum and you can do what ever you want with it.

20. Chris

If they are earning the reputation, why would you care how many boxes they have?

It's for entertainment purposes. It's also a good way to ding a troublemaker.:peace: