Vacation Time

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Gator eye, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

WOW, this Off Topic page is a bummer. So to lighten the subject matter up a little bit.

Where do you all go on Vacation?

I am not talking hunting vacations here, I am talking kids yelling, bug biting,are we there yet, old time Griswald family V time!

I usually spend at least one week with the old lady and kids camping the U.P of Michigan. No chipmonk is safe and no water left unswum. We never really plan to much we just go and camp when we find a good place, and move on when we feel like it. Mostly just goof with the kids.

Someday maybe a Disney world Vacation, but intil I guess the right five numbers I guess camping does the trick.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

THE R100 in GREENCASTLE PA........:peace: :peace:

that ate up the rest of my VACATION I think.......the first part was spent in MAINE on my honeymoon....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007

3. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I'm from the flatlands of south Jawga so my first pick would be the mountains....TN and VA are nice spots. We spend a fair amount of time in FL though, on a beach, on the gulf coast.

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I haven't been on a vacation this entire century. :doh: My favorite place to go used to be SW Colorado, in the San Juan mountains around Durango and Silverton.

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Vacation? Whats that? I haven't been on a vacation in over 9 years! :mad:

6. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

Just came back from a week in Hartland, ME with the wife and kids.
    Cabin on a lake, good time was had by all.

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

We like to spend some time on the oregon coast around portland every year. In a couple weeks we are using a vacation to go up to Portland to look for a place to live. And spend some days on the beach.

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

We usually try to head somewhere different every year. We went to Orlando this year. There are very few places on Earth that can empty a check book like Orlando. But the kids have an outstanding time.....:peace:

We try to camp a lot also. Any time in nature with your kids is time well spent...

9. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

We camp alot with 2 other families and the kids (9). We try to go to the beack in Mexico once every 1 1/2 years.

Everyother year I go with a friend out west to backpack for 3 weeks.

I am self employed, so as long as I can afford to take the time I try.:biggrin1:

10. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

Vacation

I'm taking a mini Vacation. 3 days at cabin I share with some guys. This weekend.

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Vacation!

I usually rent a house on the ocean in Nags head NC every year for the past 20years when the kids were young.
    Fishin & swimin and just layin around the beach!
    Now the kids are grown,grandbaby is a new thing and the wife is takin all her vacation for the new baby.
    So most of my vacation is booked for huntin this year 3-weeks!:peace:
    In tha woods, O I CANT WAIT!:D