Valley or Wall

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Nov 18, 2006.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I was just wondering which one you guys prefer.:noidea: I like the solid wall of my XT but have heard some of my buddies say they like a valley. Is either one more accurate or is it just a matter of PP???? What do you fella's hear from the pro's???

2. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

since i shot a bt i like the solid wall

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I like both :) I don't like a spongy wall and I don't like a long valley... make sense? :noidea:

Of course that changes for hunting. with hunting I perfer no valley and a spongy wall so I can make all those horrible shots that hunters love to do from treestands or let down slowly if need be.

4. heathshayne

heathshayne Junior Member

I like a solid wall so I get a nice crisp shot:cool:

5. big scores

big scores banned from AT

well, the valley is what you have once the cam rolls over and before the wall or drawstop. so what I think you mean is soft wall or solid wall. cause if you are shooting out of the valley on a draw cycle, it is very inacurate.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I like a wall on my hunting bow and on my indoor bow I like it a little softer....I dont know why I just do.....

7. Frank

Frank Member

Most definetly a solid wall for me.

8. Radar

Radar Story of my life

solid wall for everything!:frusty:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Solid wall for sure for me.

Ron

10. Scottie

Scottie Member

Solid. I love the wall I get from my Spiral Cam. And now, I can't the Spiral Cam anymore. :noidea:

11. Josh Michaelis

Josh Michaelis Junior Member

I like a longer Valley with a solid wall.

Which is why im such a big fan of the Infinity/freedom cams

12. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

I learned to shhot on older round wheelers, where the bow was shot out of the middle of the valley. If you tried to puul against a solid stop, you were pulling into a very soft wall. this caused a lot of elevation problems. I like a long valley with a soft wall but I like to anchor into the valley. It's just what works best for me