vane weight

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by redneckbowhunter, Dec 30, 2007.

1. redneckbowhunter

redneckbowhunter Junior Member

does anybody know the weight of the 2 inch blazer vanes

2. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

weight

they should be 5 grains each.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

ding ding ding..........we have a winner.:rockon:

4. Timmer

Timmer Member

Have to disagree.............resptectfully of course.

I weigh each vane individual so I can match componets. This is so I can get exact finish weights of my arrows to match. Blazers weigh in at an average of 6 grains each. Some as low as 5.6 and up to 6.4. I'm sure the difference doesn't matter to many, but I go a little overboard.

5. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

Bohning says they weigh 5 gr each. Some individuals scaled results vary. Unless your shooting broad heads, ditch the Blazers. Blazers are designed to stabilize broadheads with the mininum vane surface possible. Just about any other vane is better for launching arrows without blades.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

like Quikspins????????

7. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

that wouldnt be my choice due to price and durability of the lil black spin accelerator thingies....AAE, Duravane, Bohning X-Vanes(samemaker of Blazers)yeah , pretty much anything. I know lots of pretty serious 3D and field shooters who are doing what I already have and ditchin' the Blazers.Those stickin' with the Blazers are going micro. Have you seen a fletched fatboy with micro blazers? They aint kiddin' callin' them micro. The simple fact is soft and lower profile adds forgiveness to your system.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

I'm getting fantastic arrow flight with field points and blazers.

Blazers are the greatest thing since sliced bread..........if you do not agree then you are wrong..:peace:

9. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

field points tells the whole story.

10. Blazers

Blazers are the best thing that has happened to arrow guidence since feathers. If they will steer broadheads they sure will steer field points.
    I have found that three Blazers average 17grs.
    The nice thing about Blazers is that you can take appro. 10grs off the back end of the arrow and give it a better front of center while everything on the front stays the same.
    They also take more abuse than any other vane on the market.
    I have shot them thru our target bales (approx 18" thick) and pulled them thru without damage.
    Feathers are more forgiving because they are STIFF when you push it sideways.
    If you ever watched the Easton video on what happens to a bow and arrow when you release the string. Soft vanes look like a mante ray swimming when they leave the bow.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  11. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

micro blazers will stabilize field or target points. if your shooting a spring steel .try shooting a feather fletched arrow **** feather down ,then try a blazer the same way. Blazers are capable of stabilizing most anything. Blazers are also more unforgiving than most any other fletch type.

12. BowhuntnHoosier

I was just referring to your post about unless you are shooting broadheads ditch the blazers. I get great flight with BH and FP alike. Maybe you just need to learn how to tune a bow???????:tape:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the proper term is indexing vane/feather.....:doh:

14. BowhuntnHoosier

You can learn so much from a bunny.............:peace: