Vane's not on right?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

So I was out shooting today with my new Radial Pro's and at 70 yards I was grouping 3 arrows well and 2 others off to the left about 2 inch and down about 1 inch. My neighbor was watching me and said those 2 arrows just curved into the target.

So we went up and looked and they didn't pierce the bag at the same spot so we looked closely at the arrows and it looks like they weren't put together right. I'm shooting Blazers w/ an offset (ie: back of the vein doesn't line up with the front of the vein) and on the arrows that are dropping it looks like 2 of vanes have an offset and the 3rd doesn't.

I got these arrows from Lancaster and they were made up specifically for me. Should I call and yell as I was charged extra for them to customize these arrows or should I just say screw it and shoot them? out to 30 yards there really is no difference but beyond that it becomes very noticeable

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what color are the blazers??

I have some extra black ones, I will bring my fletching jigs and glue....on friday:rockon:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we can pull off the ones that are not right and just replace those ones.....

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

good call. yeah I need black ones or Jay Are will shoot at my arrows again and then he'll use that as his excuse for not winning.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so how many of us are going w/black vanes and black knocks......

Bowman
    Dredly
    :doh: :doh:

6. Michael396

Michael396 Member

I would let them know about the problem. I am sure they would want to know about. One of my friends uses the same arrows, but buys them in the plastic package (stock), and he had a problem with the last batch. He bought the 200 series, but one or two of them were 300 series, which led to the same result you are having. You may want to check the labels on all of them to rule that out.

Michael

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I won't need that excuse... I have a new arrow this time, when it hits foam, the diameter expands a few inches so I can cut the lines to get an 8! :doh:

Me!

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

they are all 200's, I confirmed that. I'm going to call today and see what they say.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Black nocks (that's all I could get at the time), orange and white Blazers...
    Go ahead, shoot at my arrows, that will NOT help your scores...:laugh:
    Ron

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Just called Lancaster, they offered to either have the arrows returned and they would refletch or just send me replacement blazers so I can fletch them myself. Good service!

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Glad to hear they are going to replace your blazers.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

in the mean time I will throw my black blazers in my archery box and bring a jig and glue.....:rockon:

13. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

I got some Green and White 2", and Orange and Yellow 1.5" ones

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, just strip the bad boys off and put the good boys on...:peace:

Ron

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

as far as I am concerned ALL blazers are bad boys.....

they never fly well for me......no mater what the setup.....

I like MY AAE and quikspins much better....I just have some left over black and orange blazers in my archery odds and ends

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Really ?!?!? :noidea:
    I've had Blazers on for almost a year and they have done well for me.
    I would like to try the new quickspins though with the 'Blazer' profile

Ron

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Me too, I've never had issues with Blazers other then they like to come off when I put them on...

crap I have to fletch up a dozen arrows tonight. Thanks for reminding me. :doh:

18. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I don't know about the regular Blazers but i'm using the Bohning x-vanes shield cut and besides the fact they look so cute, they fletch on really nicely and they stay on and my arrows shoot swell.

19. upnorth

upnorth Junior Member

try taking those two arrows and turn the nocks 120 degrees to the left . sometimes its the arrow and this will bring them up to the right.just was shooting broadheads at 40 yards had one arrow hitting about the same as you did . turned nock and it came back up and over. i use the same colors on all 3 so i dont have the one color vane all over.just a thought.