Vanes vs. Feathers

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by runningbear15, Nov 1, 2006.

1. runningbear15

runningbear15 Junior Member

What do you use, Vanes or Feathers? Why?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Quikspins.....and AAE Elite Plastifletch

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Vanes for me, they hold up better i think..... But i think feathers have a cooler look, with the fancy 2 color ones.

4. Xtremesportsman

Xtremesportsman Junior Member

Vanes

I shot feathers for years but since shooting the new bows I have used vanes (Quickpsins). I think they add an edge over feathers. I agree the feathers looked awesome when flethced with turkey two tones and a wrap, but I have traded looks for the edge today.

5. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

i started using blazer vanes this year and have to say i will continue to use them for a long time to come. in the past ive used 4" duravanes, 4" and 2.25" quikspins, and 2" easton diamond vanes. the diamond vanes and 2.25 quikspins are ok for target, but dont do a very good job with broadheads. the 4" quikspins shoot alright with broadheads, but i felt like they were robbing the arrow of speed, especially on longer shots. the blazers are far and away the best vanes ive used, especially when it comes to broadheads. they stabilize broadheads just as well as a 4 or 5 inch vane, but a crosswind has little to no effect on them at all. shoot blazers, you wont be disappointed.

6. papito

papito Petering it since 06

I used to use standard fletchings that came on my gold tip xt hunters then i tried the shotr quick spins and there great

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

3" Duravanes, next time around I think I'l try some Blazers.

8. Frank

Frank Member

I'm using the blazers at this time, they are great! In the past I shot 4" duravanes. I will be trying the 2" predator vane by duravane(they look like blazers but thinner.

9. 3dhunter

3dhunter Member

Feathers hands down:

Faster, size for size than vanes; 2" groups, or better at 20 yards, of course form has a lot to do with it. Haven't had to re-fletch since 2000, even beaten up and 30% of feathers missing they fly great. 25 yards or less they even fly great in a thunderstorm, found that out by accident, hair spray helps some.

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I for one just love my Blazers.