vanes

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

have any of you switched from the longer vanes to the shorter ones? Right now I have 4" vanes on my arrows. I was recently told that the shorter (2"?) vanes actually fly better, even with a broadhead. I use the Beman ICS 500's.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if your speaking of blazers and quikspin hunters than yes these shorter vanes to fly very well.....

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A year ago I switched from AAE 4" vanes to Blazers on Easton Axis arrows. I think they group better with points or broadheads. If you have a rest that's index vane down you need to check vane/rest clearance because the Blazers are a tad taller than the 4" AAE vanes. I have a NAP Quicktune 3000 and I had to tweak the rest slightly to get proper index vane clearance.

Ron

4. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I went from 4 inch duravanes to 2 inch blazers. I wish I had changed a long time ago:biggrin1: . I like the 2 inch blazers very well.

Mo.Hick

5. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

I have been shooting the 2.3 duravanes for about 3 years now work very well. I use 3in for hunting with no problems.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Never shot the Blazers but you can count on these fellers advice I have found out, I do use the 2.3 Duravane and they give me a good group consistantly for 3D, 2 for dots and 3 for hunting. Alot of it has to do with the feller behind the bow> HS

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Very true HS. But I think the Blazer vanes stabalize broadheads better. Just my opinion and experience.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what do you know you shoot w/ a ........wow I almost lost itright there.....sorry....:peace:

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Never shot em so I know I can take your word. I got 200 of the duravane bought up in yellar and I will probaly shotem up. any way the kiil zone is pretty big at 12 to 25 yards . HS