Vectix vs. Vulcan- Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Buck'NRut, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Buck'NRut

Buck'NRut Seven Higgins Ranch

Currently I shoot a Hoyt Razortec, I am upgrading this year. Im looking at a Vectix or a Vulcan/Katera. I wanted to see what everyone thought of them. Thanks

2. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

Any of the models you mentioned are great shooting bows, try to shoot all of the and decide for yourself. The 08's have a little different cam than the 07's but only slightly faster.

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I currently have a vectrix xl and just bought a vulcan for a hunting bow. I am in love with the vectrix xl. It is a shooter and is dead quiet in the hand. Very forgiving bow. I am surprised how well the vulcan shoots for a being shorter ata and shorter brace height then the vectrix xl. I think the vulcan is just as quiet and forgiving as the xl. The only difference I can feel between the two is that the vectrix xl is easier for me to hold steady on the target, but I think that is because of the longer ata. You won't notice a difference between the vulcan and the katera. Exactly same bow except they tweaked the cam a little to get 5 more fps out of the katera. You can find some great deals on AT for the vulcans and vectrix. I picked up my vulcan for $400 brand new on there.

4. Buck'NRut

Buck'NRut Seven Higgins Ranch

What is AT? Picking up a new Vulcan for $400 grabbed my attention real quick.

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

PM sent to you.

6. archerykid12

archerykid12 New Member

i shot both side by side and ended up going with the vulcan

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

I shot both the V's side by side last summer. I normally lean towards the one with more forgiving specs, but have to tell ya, I liked the Vulcan.

8. my3sons&I

my3sons&I New Member

Shoot all as I did. I chose the Katera. Felt good in the hand overall. A bit heavy but very accurate. Love my Katera.