Victory Arrows sale?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Got this off AT:

Victory has changed the label to read true spine!
    The old label said size and the new label will match spine.
    V-Force500 = .300" spine OLD
    V-Force500 = .500" spine NEW
    That should help all of us out!!

The old arrows are supposedly going cheaply to dealers and may be had at a good price (possibly?) Just FYI to anyone looking

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

my question has always been why companies have to make it so hardto figure out.......

CX has 100 150 200 250 300 350 400..........the lower the number the weaker the spine.......makes sense to me......:noidea:

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

It shouldn't make sense.

a .100 spine is stiffer than a .400 spine.....right?....:noidea:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

not sure about all that but I know that a CX 100 is extremly weak and the 400 are extremly stiff.......most normal people (NON archery tech) will understand that............

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Well, being abnormal......that seems backwards to me.

The spine measurement indicates how much an arrow bends under a specified weight ( I believe a 30" shaft is placed across a 28" opening and a 1lb weight is placed in the center). A .500 spine arrow will sag .500" while a .100" spine will only sag .1" making it stiffer.

Soooooooooo........lower numbers being weaker is arse backwards....

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I did not know about the bending thing.......you are smarter than me today.....

that being said, I dont know how many others KNOW this either......

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Maybe we should try to make "normal" archers more informed as to what archery stuff means. :noidea:

If everyone knew how the spine was measured and what the numbers stood for, then all arrow companies could label like Victory is doing and it would make sense and all confusion would disappear. BTW, I'm sure Victory isn't the first to do this, I was just using them as an example......don't want anybody thinking I'm a PTP.....:doh:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think where the most confusion comes in is when everyone starts using their own numbering systems that are completely different from others. The lack of a standardized naming convention is really what it comes down to...

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I agree. They should all just put the spine on the arrow and stop the madness.

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Anyone else think its strange that Victory is actually changing the arrow to match the label as opposed to the other way around?

11. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

the cx 150 spline is .495. the 250 is.404 and the 350 is .345. so the lower the no. the weaker the arrow is. and they no longer make a cx 200 which shot good out of my bow.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they no longer make a CX shaft they have gone to all MAXIMA shafts for hunting......so those spines are correct for the Maximas

BUT not on all their shafts.......

the LINEJAMMER SS 250 is .381 spine

the CXL SS 150 is 0.495......the 250 is .400.......and the 350 is .338.......

13. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Getting back to topic...where is a good place to pick up some of these arrows for dirt cheap!?

14. OA3D

OA3D Member

I'm glad to see Victory doing this and think they all should.
    GT's system irritates me.:noidea: I wanna see more 500's:tape:

15. goat 834

goat 834 Junior Member

I wonder how many people got the wrong spined arrow with the way they were doing it?

Easton's arrows have reflected the true spine for as long as I can remember it makes it real easy to get what you need. This should be the standard of the way arrows are labeled. Put the actual spine dimension on em!

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I think the industry should refer to spine as deflection amount under a standard weight hung off the shaft using a standard length...
    That would be easiest for everyone actually.

It's kind of the same thing with lens 'power' vs. diopter...

Ron

17. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Yea, I too don't like the numbering system on the arrow spines......

Goldtip 5575 are .400 and my Satellite 2980s are .359 spine :noidea:

18. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I thought that you just went to Wally World and grabbed a handfull of arrows and that was all you needed to do:lol: :doh: