video of two bucks stuck get an arrow slung

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by felchak, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Nice buck..I wonder if they shot the other buck too.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I read somewhere that the camera battery died before they could video the 2nd buck getting shot.

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  4. Drenalin Junkie

Drenalin Junkie Junior Member

Are you kidding me??
    Actually I think it's pretty pathetic. So much for being an ethical hunter.
    Stuff like that gives all of us a bad name.

5. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

so your saying an ethical hunter would have just walked away and let them die! by ,if nothing more,,,starving??

Where is this ethic book,,i would like to read it???

6. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Thank you ib4hoyt. How can anyone say that is unethical. IMO you are an idiot if you try to seperate those two bucks and very unethical if you walk away and let them die a long slow death. Let me guess, you would walk away and let them die and then go back a week later to pick of the antlers?

7. Drenalin Junkie

First off, nobody knows what would have happened to them, they may have unlocked eventually. Deer and other animals die in strange ways all the time. That's just nature, whether we like it or not. If nobody was there, whatever happened would have happened. Nobody knows. I do know, however, that at the time this dude was pretending to be a hunter, and killing 2 bucks which couldn't run away, that is was not ethical, or humane.

As far as reading a book on hunting ethics, it should be something instilled in every hunter, something that you can't learn or read about. Some people just don't get it.

Ever hear of "fair chase" ???

8. STRO

Go join PETA!!!!!

9. Drenalin Junkie

Wow, you got me.
    That's the best you can do???

PETA is not the answer. Not even close.

But you did help to prove my point , thank you.

10. STRO

What would you have done? Are you telling me you would of walked away?

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how can you say they would have broken loose eventually???

how do you know that???

I dont like to see any animal suffer, although there are SOME humans I wouldnt mind watching suffer a painful death, so I feel that anytime we can lower the suffering of another BEING, we are doing GOOD for that being.....

12. Drenalin Junkie

I don't like to see animals suffer either.

There was a post on Mathews board last week about a guy wondering if he should have shot a 3 legged deer he'd seen. My opinion on that was I would have popped him to put him out of his suffering.

I didn't say they would have broken loose or not, who knows? I'm sure a lot of times 2 bucks die locked up and a lot of times they figure out a way to break loose. That's not OUR CALL to make.
    I do know one thing, you film shooting deer locked up like they were in that video and PETA and ASPCA loves getting their hands on crap like that. It makes their view of Bambi much easier to sell to people.
    Sooner or later the only hunting we'd be doing would be on X Box.

And yes, as painful as it would be, I would have walked away... But that's just me.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  13. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

this is one thing i agree with...but i think your the one that don't get it...

14. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

i for one don't care what peta thinks,,,they blow it all up to lies to suit them anyway..

15. Drenalin Junkie

That's right , they do.

But you better care what they say because if we don't nut up and take a stand, they will try to take us out. Just look how messed up things have gotten in the last 20 years or so and then tell me you don't care what they say. These people BUY people.

That's why we need to continue being ethical hunters.

16. Drenalin Junkie

Well hoyt my friend,

If you have to ask where the ethics book is, maybe you're not getting it either.:peace:

17. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

walking away and not killing those deer would have been unethical if there is such a thing,,,i'll go one step further and say shooting them and leaving them lay for the coyotes would be better in my eyes than letting them just suffer a slow death for maybe days or weeks.

18. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I would have done the same thing and wouldn't have thought twice about it and truley felt i made the right dicission.I believe if you waited it out both would have stressed out and drowned.They were locked up pretty good.jmo

19. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

i would love to see it cuz nobody seems to read the same pages:D