video shoots

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by trussoni, Apr 27, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

shot at the video dart thing here a couple times this week. its pretty cool actually. dont always agree with how they score the thing but all in all its pretty fun. just wish it would show how fast youre shooting. the place is charging ten bucks per half hour of shooting because they claim it cost them 25g to install it. that sounds like a lot to me. anyways just wondering if anyone here shoots it. some nice critters to shoot at at least. Thinking on joining the league they got going. How many of you here do that?

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I shot the DART years ago and loved it. It is expensive to shoot. The only shop around here I know of that has it is not very friendly so I have not shot it recently. Wish they had one at Bass N Bucks we could have a grand ole time there in August.:peace:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

$10 a Half hour is about right, that screen is super expensive......

4. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

I'm not exactly sure how it works. You shoot at a screen that is what, like 20 yards from you with movie animals on it? No one around here has it, sounds like fun, but if you have your 20 pin dialed in, not sure how hard it would be :noidea: But I guess I would give it a try.

5. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

They where fun in the"90" we would shot in 4 man teams in a league and it was $8.00 Not many around anymore :Cry:

6. trussoni

i only use my twenty but the guy was telling me that i should use my others as well. not sure why the screen is still twenty yards. maybe thats why some of the shots that look like 15s only score you 5 or 10 not sure. the shop that has it said it was like 25g to put it in. the arrows bounce back off the screen a good 6 or 7 yards. its almost like a trampoline.

7. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Hrm, I've never seen what you're talking about. It sounds pretty cool though.

When I was in college there was a lab that had something similar set up. It had a stereo screen set up at the end of a long skinny room. It's show pictures on the end using stereo images (think the 3d movies you can see now) and you'd shoot a paintball gun at the images you see. There was a sensor...sorta like a chrono from what I gather...between the shooter and the screen that picked up velocity and trajectory information at two points about 5 yards apart. It then calculated the final impact point on the "virtual" bad guy to see if you'd hit him. It'd show where you hit/missed on the CG image.

The stuff in the lab was fairly crap graphics (spheres and boxes) and the projectile was a paintball. With tech these days, however...may be possible for something a bit more cool. Maybe the same tech that DART uses now? (hence need to use other pins?)

:noidea: Oh Lord....I'm such a geek! :nerd:

8. trussoni

you use what almost looks like flat washer instead of a field point. its real similar to what you described dooby except the video imagery is digitized and all that. super quality picture nice looking critters too. monster whitetails and the such. you can shoot small game bear mule deer elk moose etc.