Visually Impaired Archer

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by brokenarrow, Dec 2, 2006.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is that like your favorite new website or something?????:laugh:

and thats great but how about showing us his group.....I think it was video shoped....the glasses dont even look real.....:laugh:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...I don't know why but I seem to be on a vid trip...I know I wish they showed the target...

Maybe he sucks...:biggrin1:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was just over there watching some of the videos and only saw like one target in all the videos....its in the kid who is always shooting at his neihbors house videos.....I like archery also but come on 3 minuets of Chris White drawing and releaseing really is NOT A GOOD VIDEO.....

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

they have a whole series of videos on form and mechanics...How you back muscles work during draw and release...follow through...blah, blah, blah :laugh:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what are these peoples problems......just point pull and release....

"......you can do it no special skills needed......"

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

some people just need an element of mystery...I guess...:noidea:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

andanother thing did you notice how fast most of those people pulled arrows from their quivers?? it was like they were off to a race or something.....

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They watched to much robinhood when they were kids...Or lord of the rings :biggrin1: Those elves can really shoot :nod:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its tv its not real you know.....

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:nod:
    I know robinhood doesn't exist...Santa told me...Oh and those elves in middle earth aren't toy building elves they're cousins or something...

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

in middle earth???? who needs medicine now.....

13. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

Ok gents, I have a question for you all. I was watching some of those video clips and of course I have questions... :)

In many of these clips such as this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wxzPSh0b4&mode=related&search= you will notice once they let off the release you can see the bow sort of roll forward... Is that a correct release?
    The reason why I ask is this... The fella that tought me how to shoot showed me to shoot that. It really has worked well for me. But here lately I have been shooting at a couple different indoor ranges and have found that I get a lot of criticism. You see, when I shoot I dont grip the bow at all I just cradle it slightly and after I release I let it roll forward to its natural position.

Anyway, just wondering how some of you guys do it.. Do you all let it fall, or grip it, or hold it up?? Just curious.

Rdnkgrl

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I don't grip the bow, but I set it up with a neutral balance...so when I release it pretty much stays upright...alot of target guys shoot that way, but I started as a hunter. I just always kept the bow up...If what you're doing is working and you're comfortable keep doing it...:biggrin1:

I've found the most criticism comes from people who don't know what they're doing to begin with...:biggrin1: IMHO

15. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

16. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it was pretty funny

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Those are funny stuff right there!!!:biggrin1: