Want to begin shooting.

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussions' started by Nicodemus, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Junior Member

I would like any info on where to start to shoot in tournaments. Novice target shooter.
    And what is need to start to shoot in tournaments?
    appreciate any and all replies. :frusty:

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Well first, Welcome to the site. Second what style of tournaments are you interested in trying? 3d tourneys are alot diferent based on what sanction is in your area. ASA has a Novice class. Hunter setup w/ max 12" stabilizer and no magnification on site. Plus cannot be a moveable site. 280 fps rule. Max 30yard targets. IBO sanction you'll have to go to there site for rules and regs. Since I dont shoot IBO. Any more questions let me know.

3. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Junior Member

begin shooting

Do i need ASA member status to start in a tournament? :frusty:

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

yes!! all larg sanctioned associations require membership annual dues. You can go to the ASA site to purchase a membership.

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

:wave: glad ta have ya.

there is a ton of archery clubs that yyou can go to and shoot there 3d shoots and only have ta pay for tha shoot.
    Usally around $15.

You will need the obvious.....bow, arrows ,some type quiver ,tab or release,pen for keeping score if tha duty falls to you.

Now for the options

Binoculors, water bottle holder, folding chair, larger plastic bags if rains for pocho, good pair of boots recommended, hat for sun.

Tell tha fellars tha you are new and you need some assitasnce with this stuff and you wil be glad ta see how much advice you will get to help ya be a good shooter. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
    Sm:smokin:kes

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...
    what Holy Smokes said...