Warm temps

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by red44, Oct 18, 2007.

1. red44

red44 Senior Member

Have kept me working on home projects. It's supposed to be a little cooler than this to hunt. Really can't gripe I need to finnish some things, but with the season open it's killing me not to be in the woods much. Plenty of wood ducks on the rivers. Mabey I need to try them?

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I know what ya mean..here it is past the middle of Oct and the high today here was 84:frusty: .Dang storms/tornado's were around all night last night and the temp's are going to stay warm through the wk end:frusty: I'm getting ready to close the pool down and winterize the camper and it might get cool enough to do some early morning hunting Sat:noidea: but even than...there calling for the afternoon high around 80.Good thing we have a long season here...cause i'm bitting at the bit to get out.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah normally by now i'll have spent at least one or 2 weekdays / week out in the woods, to darn warm, nothing is really moving

4. Werd

Werd Senior Member

nah trust me they are moving. gotta be in the right spot at the right time. my dad shot one first day. sun wasnt even down yet and it was 85. so "they dont move in heat" is outta the mind. and umm they just move slow and really dont run ( unless your getting shot at 3 times and then its alright to run )....... hunt near water if its convienent

5. red44

red44 Senior Member

No doubt there are deer around. Having to deal with processing imediately is something I'm not used to. If the rain let's up in the AM I will be out. One good thing, the rain and warm temps should bring out the mushrooms, which I have a stand set up for...:wave: We took 3 out of that stand 2 years ago in just a couple days when the weather was like this. Shrooms were everywhere, deer were goofy after them.

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I have been dealin with having to get deer to a processor as fast as I could for the last 3 years during Archery season. I have 3 different processors that are pretty close (within 25 miles) I have all there home numbers and cell phones. Just gotta make sure the shot is in the kitchen and get them deer outta the field and in the truck as quick as ya can.

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

My guy is right down the street, but he's got a regular job too. It's been a while since I've quatered one up, but if it comes to that, it can be done to get it in a chest or cooler. Gauranteed it won't be pretty.

8. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

43 degrees this mornin when i headed out ... its gettin there

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

My nephew and I went out this AM. Warm and wet. But it payed off, I put him in one of my stands and he did the deed at just about 0900. He said if he had been by himself he would have bailed earlier, glad he stayed in stand. He got a 100-125lb 4 pointer. Perfect size, eat good and drag good. He used a Rocky Mountain Snyper, Switchback, goldtips. Shot was 20 yards give or take, took the top of the heart and 1 bronchial tube. He went maybey 35 yards. He got to see him flop. Had him on ice all day, just dropped him off at butcher's house.
    Dang guy is lucky, he's shot 4 deer with a bow, 1 with a SG, and only one did'nt fall within sight. Thats good shooting. (his uncle taught him well).:rockon:

10. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

You guys keep making excuses for why you're not in the woods......because it's too warm to hunt?:pout: :pout: That's funny because a really good 9pt and a big doe have walked out right in front of me and whacked by my Elite in temps right in the mid 80's. They didn't seem to mind the heat, and from what I've seen from guys like Holy Smokes the deer anywhere have not minded the heat. I hope it stays warm so that the "COLD" weather hunters stay on the porch. More meat for the HUNTERS that aren't lookin for excuses!:usa:

11. red44

red44 Senior Member

1. Checkout my previous post. :rockon:
    2.The home project is weather sensitive. I hate to use additives in mortar for freeze protection.
    The hunt went well today, warm temps and all.

12. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

CONGRATS!!

13. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

I killed my biggest deer ever when it was 89 degrees, and it was at 4pm.

Get out there.

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ya,GM

Yall should be use to warm temp's down there,Tell them how its done!:biggrin1: