Waxing

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I just read that you are NOT suppose to wax the served areas of a string and cables. I am pretty sure mine are waxed. Does anyone know why? :noidea: I thought when any part of the string or served areas got fuzzy, they should be waxed.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I wax all areas when they looked frayed even the servings I also wax my string loop some times. To me it is a simple way to protect it from the elements. But I do believe I've read where the servings do not need to be waxed because the serving is actually protecting your string there. I am sure everyone has their own thoughts on waxing.:noidea:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Back in the mid 70's we was ahunting down in SC with ol Poppa Dean We ,Me and Sturat Wisher PD's Nephew, had just gotta new Bear Polar LTD(compound- new fangeled). Newest bow out. We was getting ready for bed and fixin our equipment for the am hunt, we was astayin in an old slave house on a plantation.. I asked ol Poppa Dean if you waxed the string loop , mind ya PD was still shootin a Recurve, He a was little ruffeled and stated "It's part of the string ain't it?" which was an excellent answer from and ol boy that never had one before. Been taking em off and waxing em all over ever since and had real good service out of em and that wax is really cheep to. Goes a long ways> By the way ol PD killed a fat little 6 pointer the next am... Theres yet a story behind that as well. OlPD was my first Bowhunting mentor. Thank God for ol timers that will take the time to pass it along> HS

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I wax my string and cables(servings and all) once a week...usually after every 3D...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I myself wax all the parts of the string and cable that are not protected by serving thread..........

6. Holy Smokes

Now that's a being alittle chinsey with the wax? :nono: That's one Bowman :biggrin1: HS

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I wax all parts of the string, including the serving and haven't had a problem ever so :noidea:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

whew! I thought I messed something up. :clap2:

9. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Waxing???

Just my back, when it gets long enough to braid. I'll leave you with that mental picture. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

remind me again why we miss you.....:noidea: :noidea:

11. Holy Smokes

:nono: :nono: Thats 3

12. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Because you never know what I'll type next. :biggrin1:

13. red44

red44 Senior Member

Bowman, You should have plenty of wax left for the Prestige then :biggrin1: I know just how much unserved string is on an Icon. What the countdown down to anyway?

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the count down I believe is current I will recount it w/ a calender though:biggrin1:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I wax the string and serving up to the cam(s)/idler wheel. I've never had any issues.

Ron

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I believe "they" recommend that you do not wax parts of the string that will be rolled into the cam. Reason is wax attracts and holds onto dirt. Sure would suck to get a small piece of something stuck in some waxed serving, draw it up into the cam and have it cut into your serving or string.

I am glad this is the waxing that this thread is talking about. :tape:

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, that's a good train of thought but I never read that anywhere.

Waxing what else !?!? Am I missing something ? Must have been the beers I had last night...
    :laugh:

Ron

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think you would know if they would have waxed something last night... no matter HOW drunk you were

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Your probably right.
    And, I was NOT drunk... I ws in a stupor. There's a difference.
    :laugh:

Ron

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

whats the differeance.......