We setup Tribute for a customer, wow it's fast.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We setup a Bowtech Tribute for a customer the other day. The bow was set at 29" with fast modules, 59.5" draw weight. It's a 70 turned down so a true 60# bow would be a touch faster.

The arrow is a typical hunting shaft. Axis 400 that weighed in at 401grains. The bow shot 272fps. I don't know about the bows you guys hunt with, but at 59.5# that is smokin fast.

After shooting through the chronograph, I was quickly calculating what that bow would shoot at my draw length and usual hunting draw weight.:rockon:

Yes, I know the allegiance is about 10-12fps faster but I like the extra 1/2 brace height for hunting.

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Anything over 270 is fast in my opinion. I was at a Deermans 3D shoot a couple of weeks ago and a friend had his BlackKnight there, they put him on a chrono and at 68# with a 29" draw he was hitting 330 fps. Not sure of the arrow weight but at that speed it doesn't really matter. Obviouslly they put him in the speed class:biggrin1: Blazing

MoBowman ```---------->

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I agree the BlackKnight is really fast. However, at that brace height any bow would be really fast. If I remember right it is like 5-3/4". Talk about a wrist slapper.

My opinion is that any hunting rig should be 7" at the minimum.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Tribute

I agree the tribute is a very fast bow.:amen: It shoots great and is very accurate. I too like the extra BH most guys around here though are going with the alligience. If I were purchasing a Bowtech it would probably be the Tribute.:rockon: Just on the feel in my hands. :peace:

5. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

speed pro arrows

I shoot axis 400's with a 27.5 inch draw, 65# with a hoyt trykon, I shoot 265fps . I shoot some HHA speed pro arrows in my bow the other day and it shot 295 they added 30 fps thats alot.. I was at the pro shop and he wanted to see what type of difference they made in my bow, I'd never use those arrows myself I just feel that they would break way to easy.. But man there are fast..

6. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

Tribute

I love my Tribute, I am pulling 63 LBS, 28" draw with a 375 grain arrow. Getting 276fps out of it. That is with the smooth mods!!! Gonna try the speed ones to see how it feels!?!?!:peace:

7. ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine Junior Member

What kind of speed would I get out of

70# Tribute @ 28.5 inch draw with a 404 grain arrow??? I get 280 out of my Switchback now, Im just wondering if I were to purchase this bow would I be getting much more out of it...

Thanks

Tom

8. zip4644

zip4644 Junior Member

29" 61lbs smooth mods peep and string loop 335 grain arrow 303fps fast and smooth.

9. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

When you say more you are talking speed correct? Assuming so, Yes, I could easily be pushing 300fps if I pulled 70lbs. I don't have any figures to tell you your exact speed, but I'll bet if you had the same setup in a tribute you would be close to the 300 mark, depending on the modules you select. Go to a dealer and try it out, get some numbers. Just remeber speed isn't everything(but it helps!!!).

10. ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine Junior Member

Yes, I was wonder what kind of speed I would get

I will check them out as soon as I can...Pretty impressive bow by the sounds of it

Thanks

11. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Member

The speed of the Tribute and Allegiance isn't the only impressive thing about these bows. The lack of noise, lack of vibration/recoil, accuracy, module options, camo options, grip options are all impressive. BowTech also contribute a portion of each Tribute sold to a fund benefitting the families of US Soldiers. :peace: