Weird stuff shot

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Aug 11, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

What is the most unusuall thing that you have ever shot. With a bow or gun?:noidea:

2. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

a bluejay was making all sorts of rackit so i simply shot it. stuck right into the ground, also a groundhog in my backyard and an opossum

3. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I had to shoot a raccoon once. He kept coming after me and I was on the ground. After the third time I moved and he still followed after me, I had to give it to him.

Meow?:decision:

4. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

porcupine.. The dog thought it was a friend. So it was either kill the porcupine or the dog...

5. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

I had to shoot a piglet once that was caught in my snare for coon and grinners.

6. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Maybe I'm stupid or something but what are grinners?:noidea:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would guess they are opposums.:noidea:

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Pink Chickens......

at tha R-100

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I had the same problem last summer. I live on a busy street across from the Police station and courthouse. When I shot the dang thing with the pellet gun, it didn't die. It flopped around. I had to get a plastic bag and run out and get it before someone came walking by:doh:

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

shot!

A bear tryin to take a dump, sittin on a tolit!:laugh:
    At the R-100

11. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

Piggy snared

[​IMG]

Grinner!
    [​IMG]

Not a bad day!

[​IMG]

#220 bucket sets are my all time favorite set up for coons:

[​IMG]

12. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Hey gmherps I hope that you leave some stuff for me to kill when I come down to TX next spring. :laugh:

Thanks for the picture explaining what a grinner is.

13. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

You'd never believe it. Sharks. Shot at them off a 350+ foot cliff in Hawaii as they swam around and under goats we shot that fell off the cliff. Some bounced or landed in the sea at the base, and my partner and I spent about a hour laying down, leaning over the cliff and watching the carcasses with binos. When we saw one swim under a goat, we'd blast away on full auto from a M-16A1. Don't know if we got any, but we sure did expend a lot of ammo trying.
    If somebody tells me how to post a scanned picture on the site, I'll show you me and my partner, Doug Rogers, with a heap of goats we got. The picture was taken within about a hour of the shark shoot. These are the ones I was able to drag up without falling off myself. Very trecherous place, but I was young and invincible.
    I also want to show you guys my bear. 677 lbs. Taken in late Nov in Pa in 97. How could I ever top that one?

14. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

balloon strings at 20 yards.... fish jumping behind the boat with my G2 bow..... lizards when i was a kid...until dad made us eat one...he always told us not to kill it unless we were eating it.... yuck.....

15. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Lets just say 2 tours in Iraq with our bows and we got quite a few wierd critters. :D

16. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

a tree at about 60yds nailed it too dead center

17. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I had a fox run under my stand chasing a rabbit. He gave up right under my tree stand and sat down. So I draw down on the little bugger thinking he'll make a good wall hanging if I can get the broadhead inbetween his shoulder blades. Just as I get the release to break he looks right straight up at me, that thunderhead broadhead split him open from the tip of his nose right down to almost the end of his tail. Looked like someone opened a zipper right down the side of him.What a waist of a good hide that was.

18. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

In my younger days I ran across a field just to shoot a skunk with my bow. Just left him lay.

Mo.Hick

19. Jacobite

Jacobite Member

umm a car .... air rifle...

me and my mates were in the woods few years ago playing and stuff when this guy walks out with an airrifle. he recognising one of my mates as his ex's cousin which he was:p. so hes there taking shots and were all liek in a line like. umm wtf?

so being me i walk up and go "hey can i have a go" and he said yes:p
    So we all had a few shots at this old rusty car...

ofc my friends think iam crazy but meh:p

other then that i shot garage doors with air pistol as well as bottles and stuff lol my grandad is awsome:p

20. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

good thing you didnt have to practice that eat what you shoot thing.... :laugh: :laugh: