well made a big move today...to a Mathews

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by lungbuster, Dec 2, 2006.

1. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

I was sold on the vectrix, I have been a hoyt man for along time but the dealer was giving me the run around, So I went to the pro shop where I shoot all the time and they sell mathews.. I have always like just never would say i did.. well I bought a Drenaline. I love that bow, one of the things that sold me is there made in wisconsin.. got to buy from the local people.. plus it shoots better, the service is way better, so time for new stickers and hats I'm a mathews man.......

2. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

:bored: :Cry:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you will be lungbuster to me no matter what bow you shoot....next couple of years you might decide that bowtech is for you or even ross.....no mater what even if we have had differences in the past I still consider you a bud and am glad to share this home.....

you know at a time like this there are some that would say welcome to the dark side.....but I will not say anything like that.....I am still not a Drenalin kinda guy I guess....I like my Switchback, I like the way it shoots...I like the way I shoot it...it kills deer, no reason to change.....

go kill foam go kill cardboard go kill bone....just do it to enjoy it.....

I still want to shoot a vectrix....

oh by the way change your signature....:laugh:

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Congrats on the new bow.:rockon: I'll bite :welcome: to the DARKSIDE.

I have shot the Vectrix and the Drenalin both quite abit. I liked the Vectrix more at first but now I am leaning toward the Drenalin. They are both awesome bows if you are wanting to purchase a new one but for me I still like my XT more. Like Bowman said shoot what you like and can shoot well but the main thing is enjoy it.

We are all brothers in Archery and I do not care what you shoot as long as you enjoy it. I will still though slam or bash from time to time....all in fun. Because Mathews is the best of course. WHY you ask because that is what I shoot right now. But I still like the Vectrix,Tribute,Diablo,Illusion and many others.

So bottom line is lungbuster I hope you enjoy your new bow and I am very happy for you............................ok ok I'm jealous I want one too it would go along with my XT so well.:Cry:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

stop crying long enough to relize you could have had the best of things too had you not tied you hands behind your back w/that username.....

6. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

Its kind of like a tatoo,,,,,,,anit it:doh:

7. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Congrats there Lungbuster. I have a feeling you will be very happy with the Drenalin. I have always had Hoyts too and I bought a Bowtech a couple months ago. Its kinda wierd at first isnt' it. I still shoot my Hoyt though(hunting) I need to get some new gear now too (hats, shirts etc.) the money spending never stops!:rockon:

8. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

it shoots better.... how is that??

9. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

shoots alot better...to me

It draws way smoother, the bow weight is nice, lighter, it just seems like a better bow. Also I looked in to some things. it seems like mathews has more new design then any other bow and they came up with the stuff.. I have shot the drenaline and the vectrix more then once and the drenaline won to me..

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

That is all that matters as long as you are confident and happy then nobody can fault you at all...........................................unless you buy a Trykon:doh: J/K:laugh:

11. bullspotter

so it will shoot better cause its lighter, and draws smoother? Na ill bet it dosent shoot any better, you might like it better, and think it shoots better..... wich will in the end, work better for you, whick is great, hope you like it!! I like a heavy bow, it slows the movement down when trying to hold the pin steady.......

12. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

LB,

Did you every shoot a SB? What are your thoughts on the Drenaline to a SB?

13. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

I shot the sb xt also

I shot it last year after I had bought my trykon.. I thought it was smooth.. but not enough to get rid of my trykon I had just bought. But the drenaline I loved it .. I shot the xt the same day again.. the new limbs are nice, the rounder cam, loved the weight.. But one really cool thing is they had a xt 40-50 lb at my girlfiends draw... She just started shooting I bought her a hoyt she can pull 35lbs on it.. its a brand new bow I think its the rintec..On the xt she pulled 46lbs like nothing and this is a little girl.. So I think I'm buying that one to...

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think he was talking of the original SB not the XT.....I have always liked the SB more than the SBXT

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Are you a hoyt shooter who just cant beleive someone would leave your beloved company behind for the dark side????

well rest easy my freind you may have someone comming over to your side of the tracks if after january if I dont see anything better from any other companies........

16. I like Hoyt too, but every Mathews bow I owned for some reason shot better for me. I had the Hoyt Trykon and shot terrible with it. I just picked up the Mathews Switchback XT and I'm back to shooting great. The Mathews has a very noticiable smoother pull and is alot quieter then my late Hoyt Trykon. Hands on shooting doesn't lie, the Mathews shot much better for me. Now I also want to give Bowtech a try (The new Guardian in particular).

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed:peace:

17. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

bow came in yesterday...

pick up today.. can't wait ....

18. bullspotter

Yeah Bowman i am a hoyt guy, but alot of my freinds shoot other brands, we all shoot pretty good, and we have fun, He stated the mathews shoots better then the hoyt, and i would like to know why, which we still havent got an awser to other then its lighter ext... and im willing to bet that it pry dosent shoot any better or worse, but it seems so, cause he likes it better, so for him its a better chioce. I really dont care what anyone shoots, Its all fun, But when some one says this is better then that, i what to know why, because i might want that insted of this....

19. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Well said, as long as your shooting, thats the important part. It sure wouldn't be any fun if everyone was alike and shot the same bows, now that would be a bit boring.:bored: My opinion, there are very few bad bows made anymore, just have to find the one that's right for you and your pocket even if it was a Mathews :biggrin1:

20. lungbuster

lungbuster Senior Member

Got my drenaline tonight !!!!!!!

Shoots like a dream sighted in to 40yds before they let me out the door...5 hours free lane time on indoor 40...top notch place ... I like this bow alot..