Well this stinks

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I went to my pro shop today to get my DL shortened (to everyones recommendation). Even the guy at the shop said I had to long of a DL. Anyway he got the first DL module on and when it came to the 2nd one the screw in my cam would not budge at all, I watched him break 3 allen wrenches on it :frusty: This is the exact same screw thread that they had to drill the screw out the last time this happened. He said Louie im gonna have to keep it for a couple of days and drill it out and HOPE that he has another cam screw. I was supposed to go hunting Monday but it would appear that will not be happening :frusty: He asked me if I used Loctite on it I said NOOO SIR, I said that is what they asked me the last time to which my response was the same.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I want to hunt:Cry:

2. Southernfryedyankee

See if I had won that Allegiance already I could still go hunting, but I have to wait till the 17th!
    PICK ME PICK ME :peace:

3. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

what bow you got again? And how old is it?

4. Southernfryedyankee

2006 Bowtech Tribute its about a year+

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  5. Pinwheel1969

Man. The warranty should have covered that. If you got to tap out the mod. The bow shop should have sent it back and replaced the cam and mod. not tapping it.. Dont they have another bow they can swap out the cam and mods till they come in from the manufacturer. Our shop does this kind of stuff alot. If they have an issue with a , limb, cam , mod, rest, sight ect.. a bow will get pulled off the shelf to fix the issue. If theres a waite on parts. Seeing how you paid for a bow already. The bow on the shelf can be sold later. Taking care of customers is top priority. Taking this if you got the bow from this shop. Just sounds like they arent going that extra step to take care of you. You shouldnt be doing that kind of work on a 2006 bow!!! Also, we have even loaned out bows that are on the shelf if there is to much of an issue with getting it fixed correctly.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree totally with pinwheel, get Bowtech to make it right and don't pony up your own cash to do it...

Ron

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

My bowshop would be sendin that puppy back and I would get a brand new one. DEFINATELY

Call Bowtech yourself and tell them what the bowshop is doing see what their customer service says. I have been hearing their CS is slipping lately. Maybe its because they are selling SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many bows.:noidea: :doh: :laugh:

8. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Drilling out a mod screw is no big deal:biggrin1: I don't understand why any dealer would need to even involve warranty. I have done it numerous times on many brands of bows. It only takes a minute :cool:

Dan

9. Pinwheel1969

my only comment to that. if it has a warranty why bother doing any kinda modded repairs when you can get new for free. also if you send it back being tapped will bowtech still warranty it?

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup good question......

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If there is any problem and I have a warranty then they better fix it. If you fix it by drilling it out and then have more problems they will probably say you altered your bow so voided the warranty.:doh: