What angle peep sight

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by pragmatic_lee, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Looking to purchase a Specialty Super Ball Peep Kit, but unsure of which angle.

45 degree ball is recommended for bow >40 degrees
    37 degree ball is recommended for bow <40 degrees

Don't have the bow "yet", so haven't any idea of what the angle will be.

Hopefully the following will be enough info for the "experts" :D

A2A - 43"
    DL - 29"

Thanks

2. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

What is the brace height?

3. Oops
    BH = 8"

4. clemenlp

I believe that would put your string angle @ 46 degrees, at least that is what Auto CADD told me. I believe you will be safe with the 45 degree peep.

Clem

5. Thanks - nice to have all those Geek Toys handy, isn't it. :D

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I thought the greater than or less than 40 was inches ATA not degrees.....:noidea:

7. clemenlp

Ya, luckly you caught me at work.

8. Ah you are so correct - needed to clean my glasses!

That is the inch mark following the "40", not the degree symbol - ruff getting old. :lol:

Thanks!

9. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

45 is correct...now you just have to pick which clarifier to get :doh:

10. For "now", I'm just going with the 5 aperture kit. Those clarifiers are too expensive for "trial & error". :decision: I'm sure some of my NC shooting buddies will let me "experiment" with theirs. :lol:

11. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You don't have to choose a Clarifier by trial and error. A good archery shop that handles a decent supply of target equipment should stock them. Find that shop and try the different lenses right there.

12. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Lenses and peeps??!! Whatyoutalkin'bout Willis? I have never heard those two words used in the same paragraph, can somebody please explain.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

something tells me, you havent heard many complete sentences in your life.....:bored: :bored:

14. Not being negative about shops in my area - they deal in what they can sale. But about the closest thing to "target equipment" you'll find in any shop within 75 miles of me would be some Easton Fatboys and their components. Had a guy from AK PM me last evening - he has a #1 that he's putting in the mail today for me to try. He happened to be in my area on business a few weeks ago and I invited him to come shoot with a couple of us. So you see, it pays to befriend fellow archers. :biggrin1:

15. You need to get out a little more - or wait till your eyes get as old as mine. :p

Do a little research on clarifiers and verifiers - you might discover a whole new world you've been missing. :peace:

16. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

that is good...what power is your scope?

17. I'm using a 4X.

18. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I get what you are saying. Guess I happen to be lucky living in central Pa.
    Kinsey's is 15 miles from me and Lancaster Archery Supply is about 35 miles. Both carry the Specialty brand with all the goodies.

For your sake I hope the #1 works for you. Unfortunately I've never used a Clarifier. The days when I used a scope there was no such thing. I had to rely on a small peep---like 1/32". Try getting enough light through that.

Good luck to you.

19. I like the smaller peeps, but the scope I've been using (1.75") was just too big for the small peep. Just received a 35 mm scope and got a new bow on the way - should be here on Mon or Tue. Will do a bit of experimenting with the new setup - 1) determine if the #1 is the correct power 2) determine which size peep I need from the kit to match the 35 mm scope - 3) modify from there. :biggrin1:

Still got a lot of outdoor Field/FITA shooting left this season so will try to keep my current setup "alive" until I'm fully comfortable with the new bow/peep/scope.

Heck, isn't this what archery is all about - spend lots of money to find what works / doesn't work and then pawn off the "bad" purchases to someone else to "try". :laugh: