What are the benifits of a BT realese

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bone collector 9615, Apr 11, 2007.

1. I saw the thread where everyone was talking about the bt's. I tried one once when I first started shooting and it kinda scarred the crap out of me. I was wondering what the benifits of useing one are vs. my old trigger style? And also what are some "tricks" to using one.:noidea:

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Never shot on ebut most say that they eliminate target panic.:noidea:

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Mine really helps me concentrate more on my target without thinking of triggering the release. And yes the first couple of weeks I shot mine it scared me. I have had it go off when I am about to start my draw cycle, when I am half way into my draw cycle, and when I am about to hit my anchor point. All of which was simply my own fault and I learned from them it just took my awhile(hard headed you know). I don't know about any tricks but I try to only draw the bow with my index and middle finger then after I get anchored I settle my ring finger in. And start pushing with bow arm and pulling with release arm.:noidea:

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

You can still get target panic w/ a BT. And you can still punch them. Done properly. Its the most concistant way to shoot. You want the shot to be a surprise. and it will scare the crap out of you. Thats good. That means your using it correctly. The more you shoot it. The more comfortable you'll be. It took me about a month straight of practicing w/ it. To get used to it. Make a bow string and practice for about a month. Then practice blank bailing at 10 yds. w/ no target for a couple of weeks. Then put a target up and shoot it at 10 yds. for a couple of weeks. Good luck!!

5. how would it work for hunting though? I have had to hold for quite a while waiting for a good shot.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

I do not think a BT release is intended for hunting but some may use them.:noidea:

7. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Well I can't say how great a BT release is cause there are not enough words!! I shot so well tonight, best I have in the 2 months I"ve been shooting. I bought the Loesch BT release so you can't possibly have it go off before you're in letoff area. You can't even get it on the D-Loop without setting it properly so no problem there. It is kind of scarey but I'm tellin ya it's fantastic once I practice more I'm gonna be out of control :laugh:

I wish I'd started with it but hey it's better late than never. My shots are so close and so much more accurate....it's just fantastic.

8. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I have one and love it. I don't think I want to switch back to a strap release again. My groups shrunk in half.

9. BowhuntnHoosier

As long as I'm shooting at 3d or game I do not have problems but as soon as I start stooting at X's then I get to punchin.:noidea: