what arrows would you buy?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by agdave112, Aug 1, 2008.

1. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

for hunting purposes? I shoot a hoyt xtec 70 lb draw 27.5 in arrows. I hear alot about the gold tips, easton axis st nano, and carbon express. Let me know your opinions on these and any others that you all think would be good for hunting with my setup. Thanks

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Your gonna hear all kinds of answers to this question but I will get mine in here first. Look hard at the ST Axis prolly in a 340 spine....:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Maxima's for me, you wont be disapointed:wave:

4. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Blackhawk vapor 4000's

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

If you shoot a Beman Realtree MFX or an Easton Axis you will need the 400 spine. That is the same set up I shoot. If you are interested in the AXIS check out the Beman's I just mentioned, same arrow and about $30 to $40 less per dozen.
    With a 27.5 inch arrow you are right on the edge of shooting either a 340 or 400. I guess the spine you pick will depend on what weight broadhead you shoot.

6. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

i like shooting muzzy mx3 100 grains but am up for suggestions.

7. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

whatever is on sale :noidea:

8. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Carbon Express rebel hunters with weight forward tech,buff tuff...........:rockon:

9. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

That's the head I'm shooting, they fly well for me and I can tell you they are absolute death on little deer. :doh:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

All the above arrows are great but for me Carbon Force X-Weaves just can't be beat very tuff arrow. And they are at a very good price.:peace:

11. majorleaguedobberman

majorleaguedobberman New Member

just go on and get two dozen of the carbon express kv's and be the envy of us all!

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ha

I use Beman Ics hunters 400's 8.4 gr. per. inch
    blazervanes and jc morgan wraps
    with 100gr rocket hammerheads or pse brute 100's>>mechinicals
    64lbs 28.5in draw off a 05 pse flash @288
    and i am a deer zapper... lmao

13. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Anything that says Easton Axis on it will do:wave: :wave:

14. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I shoot Carbon express Terminator Lt. Selects, with blazer 2" vanes. Cost is60.00 to 75.00 per doz., depending on how you shop. Excellent quality control and straightness standards. I cut, installed inserts, and fletched 18 within the last 6 months. They were bought from 2 different sources. 17 of them weighed exactly 400 grains with a 100 grain tip installed. One weighed 402 grains. I used all materials out of the box without pre checking weight. Also, I prefer unpainted shafts with no fancy coatings, like the Buff tuff that my CX 300's have. The Terminators are much easier to refletch than the CX 300's. The carbon surface doesn't scrape as easily as the coatings do. I also step up one spine level, if my suggested spine falls at the top of a given rating.

15. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Someone already mentioned the Radial X-weaves but I will suggest another arrow that I have used previously to those.

Easton Lightspeed 400's

16. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Gold tip 5575 Hunter XT's 49.00 a doz on flea bay. You will be about 370 grains with a 100 grain tip.

17. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

Get some Goldtip 55/75's and you will still have money leftover to buy other goodies...

18. Duck65

Duck65 Hillbilly

Easton ST Excel's and they have a lower price.:D

19. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Carbon express terminators with 2" blazers or st. epic FTW

20. the contractor

the contractor New Member

i just switched from gt hunters to st axis nano n-fused , and the main reason is that these axis arrows are about 1.6 grams per inch heavier giving a little more penetration. also, last year i was shooting a tomcat and have upgraded to the vectrix xl.with the hoyt i'm not concerned with the heavier arrow being slightly slower.with the tomcat i just couldnt help being mindful of a heavier arrow shooting slower,even though everybody preachs that speed aint everything.the axis i chose are a 400 spine , my dl is 30". i got 1 dozen, orange and black tiger striped wraps with black and white tiger vanes and white x nocks, totalled out to 119.65 at the register.