What arrows would you suggest

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Tim Hansen, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Tim Hansen

Tim Hansen Member

I am looking for some arrows to shoot target 3d and hunt with, any suggestions? I know that you can get pretty specific for each but are there any that are mostly good for all? Any fat shafted carbons you could hunt with? -Thanks

2. srcarlso

srcarlso Member

Tough one..

If you plan on shooting competitive, I would recommend 2 sets of arrows. One larger OD carbon (Fatboys) with glue in target tips and short vanes minimizing weight.

If you are using it to hone your shooting skills for hunting, try shooting an arrow like Easton's Axis or other brand hunting specific with screw in tips. The thin wall large OD carbons tend to shatter or break when they hit something hard like bone. You may be able to get a good middle ground arrow with Carbon Expresse's 3D select arrow which is actually listed in their hunting arrow section. Be sure to use the hunting table when selecting arrows. www.carbonexpressarrows.com

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006

3. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I use Gold tip pro hunters for both hunting and 3-D. I think of 3-D as practice for the hunting season and see no need to change.
    Danny

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

i'll give a vote for the Carbon Express 3-d Selects, Strong, very light and Straight (.001) great all around arrow.

5. Tim Hansen

Tim Hansen Member

Thanks guys, I currently shoot gold tip pro hunters, got them a couple weeks ago and have robin-hooded three of them so far. down six total. I need to quit shooting at the same target twice!!! I suppose it is a good problem to have.

6. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Tim, stick with what you have. It's a great all around arrow for hunting and 3d shooting:peace:

MoBowman ```---------->