What Bow?

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by CJW, Dec 14, 2007.

1. CJW

CJW Junior Member

I'm just starting to get into this and I can't seem to decide if I want a PSE Nova or a PSE Stinger? Both are good bows from what I've heard. I dont know if I should start cheap cheap and get the nova or spend a little extra and get the Stinger? Any suggestions?

2. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Both are good bows for the money. I found when I tested them the Stinger was alot more quiet. Both have decent speed for a bow of that range. But Nova SU is not that bad. I would shoot them and make your own decision.

3. CJW

CJW Junior Member

I'm gonna try to find somewhere where I can shoot a stinger. But I just got back from dicks sporting goods and found a monster buck hunter bow package for $349. I wanna say that this bow was a Martin or a Parker I cant recall. Ever heard of it? I would like to know what you think about that one and if you knew anything about darton archery?

4. CJW

CJW Junior Member

Does anybody have any info on the Fred Bear Instinct?

5. Pinwheel1969

martin bows are very good also. fred bear bows are great hunting bows for the money. not a fan of parker. but others have had good things to say..

6. CJW

CJW Junior Member

Okay so now I'm stuck between a PSE Stinger or a Fred Bear Element??:noidea:

7. bamaboydave

bamaboydave I'm with Firechic

also try a bowtech tomcat. it is a package deal with a wisker biscuit, sight, and quiver

8. CJW

CJW Junior Member

What about Martin? I really like the Martin Cheetahs. They are a few inches smaller than most but they still have the same draw length and Draw weight as the bigger Bows. I have looked at one of theses and got the chance to pull one back. It felt like it fit right.

9. Pinwheel1969

10. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Your dealer can also get the Stinger in two different package deals for you also.

11. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i have a martin and i love it. mines a bengal. but i would say all the bows that your thinking about i would shoot them all before you buy one... pick the one that you like how it feels and shoots.