What do you do after deer season?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Dec 11, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I will be doing some coyote hunting this year, mostly around mid jan. through feb. And here is what I will be using....
    I am a bears fan, the raiders blankie is an old one, back from the los angeles days.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

HARD WATER fishing, w/brokenarrow and 3d shooting.......

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Like he said but indoor 5-spot league.
    Hardwater fishing is already up and started here.
    Strange considering how warm our winters have been the past several years.
    I almost sold my gas auger a couple of years ago.

Ron

4. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I'm going to do a little hog hunting, a little squirrel hunting i think and maybe this year i will through my hat into the 3D ring. There's also turkey season in the spring, i may give that a try this year.

5. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Word of Caution.......if you start spring turkey hunting and hang with it.....you will love it.Been hunting them for 35yrs and after 3 cigar boxs of beards i can still hear my heart pumping blood when he comes in and starts struting....nothing like it in the world.GL

6. pilot

pilot Senior Member

My wife is gonna be thrilled then....:lol:

This is the first year ever that i have had access to hunt lots of property with plenty of turkeys so i plan on taking advantage of the opportunity!

7. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Darn right. I love turkey hunting, it is such a thrill to sneak in close to their roost and hear them gobbling away when the sun starts to rise. I can not wait to do it again.

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Spots for me for the next 3 months then Turkey Season in the Spring....:peace:

9. rpford53

rpford53 Member

Coyote hunting as normal.

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

dreaming of opening day or D(eer) day and :Cry: :pout: :Cry::sad: :( :pout: :Cry: :(

11. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I sink into a small depression for a time until indoor starts. :p

This getting dark at 4:30 starts to wear on me. :frusty:

12. compoundxx75

compoundxx75 Member

WORK, WORK, WORK till spring striper season. All the money I get I have to save for Werd to get new arrows and you guys know how long they last.:doh: :scared:

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

hang on BER
    only 12 more days till we start back out of tha dark
    the longest night is then.

14. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. IChim2

One good thing about it is since they changed that daylight savings thing is that instead of waiting for the days to get longer in april....now it starts in march.I think last year it messed up spring turkey season.:noidea:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how did DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME........screw up turkey season?????

turkeys cant tell that its getting light an HOUR EARLY.......:D :D :D :D :D :D

17. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Obviously you haven't Turkey hunted much.... first thing I do when I shoot one is check to see if there wearing a rolex...:lol: :lol:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

19. IChim2

When it(dlst) started last year....it seemed that every thing started buding/leafing out way to early here where i live and and i think it got to warm to early...by the time the season got here they were done globbling in a lot of places...please bare with me on this but imo the warmest time of the day in march is any where from 3 to 5 pm which gives the warmest temp of the day for aprox 2 hours....with the new time change that boosted it to aprox 3 hours of the warmest part of the day which i believe caused the early buding/leafing on the tree's/plants but also believe that it triggered the tom's to start globbling early..The early time change can also set the stage for a hard frost/cold spell that can/will kill the new buds and shut the toms up for good.:noidea: jmo