What do you do with your antlers?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by wildfan99, Sep 4, 2008.

1. wildfan99

wildfan99 Sophia's dad

If you're like me you got a bunch tucked away somewhere. I was thinkin' about a chandelier of my own horns or something. Does anyone know how to do it? Any other ideas?

2. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I've used them for drawer pulls before.

3. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

mount them on the hood of my car.

4. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Antlers? What's that? :laugh: I use one 8 point set to rattle. I've rigged them to hang from my tree stand with a string. They lay on the ground and I jig them to russle leaves and rattle.

5. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Grind them up and eat them.

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Well I usually spend most of my time looking for mine...:noidea: My Unit thinks it's cute to take mine of the walls and hide them in the closet....:censored: :censored: :censored:

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

One small 8 set to rattle if I see the need, one set of whoppers that were sheds are mounted and on the fireplace. The others reside in my "man-room. (the basement):biggrin1:

8. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

If it's not getting mounted the small ones I make antler soup :laugh:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

How does that taste??

10. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

I think I put to much salt in it I was told teaspoon per point the last seven point was salty:laugh:

11. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Still haven't touched antler yet. I am magic with does and filling the freezer with meat, but bucks are hard and I cannot sit still long enough to put the hours in it during peek rut. 3hrs and I'm done. The does are more paternable, so I nail them easy. I am good a being unnoticed, just bad at patterning bucks.