What do you take on your bow hunts

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Wheels, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Wheels

Wheels Junior Member

I just wondering what you guys take on your bow hunts. What do you carry with you. What tool or equipment is a must for you. I am looking to see what I should be thinking about for when I go hunting.

Thanks
    :peace:

2. sdfrench

sdfrench Junior Member

My bow hunts are hike in hunts. I generally pack a backpack with essentials like water or gatorade, knife, GPS unit, scent elimination spray, dear drag handle, gut hook knife, first aid kit, cover scent & scent attractants, scent free wipes, snack, toilet paper (for just in case), pen, flashlight. Probably missed a couple of things, but that gets most of it.

Everything else is in the truck and I can hike out to get it.

Scott

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

A good light, marking tape for tracking if needed, a sharp knife, a rope, a sharp mind, GOOD LUCK, Sharp broadheads, My sweet Mathews, and a attitude! Probably missed a few but this should help. :rockon: Lone Wolf!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are we bow hunting or rifle hunting??? bow hunting I mostly used my climber so stand would be one thing.....then a bow hanger, I use a real tree e-z hanger.....Plus my safety harness.....doubles as a drag rope......

and if you ever forget your quiver or release it will be the last time you do... trust me....

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They pretty much have it covered. The only thing I have that's not mentioned is my range finder, and a couple calls(rattle, can, grunt).

6. sdfrench

sdfrench Junior Member

Yep, I carry those too. Good additions.

7. Frank

Frank Member

I have a back-up release in my backpack. It stays in there permanetly and from time to time I shoot with it when practacing.:rockon:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I also have a back up and my back up is identical to my primary....

9. Frank

Frank Member

That was my thinking as well. That is my next purchase is a new scott archery release to match my current one. The back-up I use now is a trophy hunter.(good release but bulky).

10. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I like to get it simple and light. Bow,arrows,compass,knife,toilet paper,grunt tube.
    If I plan to scout or can't find my way in the dark I use my GPS unit. IF it's going to rain I bring the umbrella in.If I'm hunting with a friend I'll bring a timepiece.