What Do You Think Of This.........

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by midevilarcher5575, May 22, 2007.

1. what are your opinions on this hunting sight from IMPACT ARCHERY?
    here are the details of the sight
    Quick Yardage Adjustment (same as Full Draw) except for the addition of a digital display. Easily programmed with the use of one button. Simply set the 10 and 20 yard markers and the sight calculates and sets the remaining yardages automatically.
    please what are your thought's?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its a good idea......BUT....what about when your hunting and the battery goes dead.....

also its electronic...what would the rules on it be at a 3-d shoot????:noidea:

3. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Almost seems too easy, but don't you need longer yardages to be really accurate? That's what I've been told at least but I'm not the authority on those kinds of things.

4. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

Sounds neat. Has anyone tried one of these?

5. Deezlin

Deezlin Junior Member

Well, since I am left handed it probably won't be available. It looks pretty good. I am not sure of the exact size or what the handle is for. I would guess, you still have to adjust the yardage or is this just an activation handle?

I like the idea of one pin, but I think, I would have a hard time seeing the pin or display in a blind. I can see problems seeing the display in various conditions. Perhaps, this is not a problem if it is self adjusting.

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

The handle is so you can adjust the yardage at full draw.

Sounds like a nice toy, even though I wouldn't want one...I would like to know how accurate it is. :noidea:

7. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

It's a nice concept, but I have nough to do at full draw besides mess with the sight. My brain would go into overload.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I would probably find it too much to deal with when holding a bow at full draw concentrating on a target, especially in a hunting situation.

Interesting concept though. How does it adjust ? Do you turn the knob with your fingers ? Calibrating it using 10 and 20 yards ? That sounds like it may be OK for a slow bow but I use my 20 yard pin at 10 yards, when I really have a 10 yard shot, which is hardly ever. HHA has a single pin sight with something like 80 different yardage tapes that come with it. You sight in at 20 yards and 60 yards and choose the tape that corresponds to those 2 sight elevation settings.

Ron

9. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

That is cool and I know there will be folks that really like it. But I come from the simplicity camp and that is just one more gadget that I have to worry about failing.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

All it needs is a laser range finding mode and it can set itself...:noidea:

With true ballistic of course...:laugh:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and a pocket size nuculer reactor......:noidea: :eyebrows:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Well that goes without sayin'...:cool:

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Sight!

It looks great but I couldnt use one!
    In the clubs in VA they stopped the use in tournaments of anything that is rangefinding last year.
    And for hunting to much stuff to look at for me, i wont shootim out that far where i dont know the distance!:biggrin1:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its not range finding.......when you move the pin it tells you what yardage you have your pin set for........so if you think the target is 51 yrds......you move the handle till the screen reads 51 and the hold dead on and shoot.....

15. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yardage?

OK, not range finding, but wouldnt you be tipping off the shooters, of the yardage if there standing behind you and you X it?

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I guess so......thats why there are lines on mysight tape but no numbers...:biggrin1:

17. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Get one!

Bowman,
    You get one, ill follow behind you at the rignhart!:laugh:

18. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

If somebody is gonna cheat thier gonna find a way ta do it,

i have shot in major tournaments and watche tha fellars cheat and they won!
    Well they came in first place they didn't beat a soul.
    I sometimes move my sight after shoot just to fool em.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  19. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Most of tha moveable ishgts ht aI have seen have a sound to em..

these seem good fer a shoot. Huntin' ???????????????

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

my HHA's are silent and built like a brick crap house....