What gives....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Dec 18, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

here it is going on Christmas and i'm not hearing much about the new bows....not enough change any more:noidea: .I know the price has went up a little.I remember a few years back when the archery site's were full of posting about the new line up's but seem's it dieing down a lot.Even on the other site...there's not much buzz about the new one's.Mathews came out with a longer ata that some were wanting but other than that...haven't heard much.I'm starting to think that the design has gone as far as it can.BT made a few minor changes...but don't believe it was enough for people to ditch the one they already have.Any idea's.

2. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

$750 bucks is way too much for a Christmas or even a Birthday gift IMO.

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

we are not even spending close to that on Christmas for our whole family :dizzy:

Maybe they ran out of ideas :noidea:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the archery world has hit a time where there isnt much you can do to a bow, to make it any "better".......

i think it is the time of the "little" changes......

We will see.......

I am really excited about shooting my new indoor bow......should be a great setup.....that being said it is a 2007

5. deerkiller443

deerkiller443 Killen time

because not many if any of the cos made much of a change i am not going to go out and pay another $900 on a bare bow just because it is a couple inches longer and has a different name or it ways less or other little things that they have changed to much $ to get one each year

6. IChim2

I posted something about this back in the summer and asked if (which i believe) bows has reached their pentical(sp)....Makes me wonder where archery is going..I don't mean to sound -.I don't feel that the few companies that made some minor changes made a big enough change that impressed anyone...i still believe you can only do so much to a bow.I know our local shop is trying to make decision on which bow to stock and even than,may only stock 1 of each line they sell.I had the feeling when the parallel limbs became the thing....that their wasn't much they could do after that.I also think cam design is at the top...i really don't believe they can get any more aggressive on short ata/dl's.jmo

7. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Just cant afford it. I buy a new one about every five years. Even if I could afford it I dont there is anything that is that much better than what I am shooting now to justify an "upgrade".

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

There is always new technologies coming out IChim2. I remember shooting back in the 80's when we had 90 lb bows just to reach the elusive 300fps mark. Now they are doing it with 60lb bows. I don't think it will ever come to a complete stand still but sure there will be periods where not much happens. Kinda like the car industry. They have a crossbow now that is supposed to shoot 400+ fps. We will see that in a compound one of these days just wait and see....:D

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

AND it should be easier w/a compound......longer power stroke, longer limbs, larger eccentrics.....

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I'm thinking of picking up an 82nd airborne in 60 lb. or the general in 70??? I get a nice discount since I work at a shop or I wouldn't be buying one! I think the trykon would still be my hunting bow but who knows?!:doh:

11. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

but NO 175 lb. drawweight unless your He-Man or Rambo:noidea:

12. IChim2

I don't see 400fps(compound) for the fact...there's only so much you can do with 60/70lb limbs...short ata's and DL's from 26/30" let alone trying to come up with a cam design that would allow it.I know that not everyone agrees...but in the last few years the bigest thing/improvement was the parallel(sp)limbs but don't see where they can go any futher with that.I would bet that theirs some bow companies that are getting a little nervious.You might see some more of them merging together to keep their doors open a little later down the road.I'm not into cross bows....but there's a lot of difference between drawing one with your arms/back/legs and drawing one back using your arm/shoulder.jmo

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

and an 05 hat :wave:

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Really everything I've heard about this year is just a repeat of last year with some minor changes, nothing ground breaking. I think the highlights this year will really be on the mid range bows to be honest. the 400 - 600 price range is becoming VERY good for buyers with excellent bows that are actually affordable

15. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Bowtech is the only company that really came out with anything new this year, thats why I think I might buy one? I'm still keeping my Hoyt, but I am going to give the general and the 82nd a test run, if I like the way they shoot I will be buying one! Any advice either way....General or 82nd?

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so lets think about this for a second since you brought it up...........

MY Prestige shoots 300, at 27.5 draw length.....thats at 63lbs.......

the Striker X-bow is 150-175lbs pull......dont know much about them, nor do i care......

it can reach the amazing blistering speeds of 400fps correct......

hmmmmmm something about what BUNNYMAN posted earlier in this thread is starting to really dawn on some of you isnt it......:frusty:

you have to almost triple the draw weight in order to get 100 more fps.....

so as I said......it should be easier.......

there are some, maybe most, here that are much better at fun math than I am......maybe someone could figure out the percentage that a compound is more efficint over a Xbow....

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what did Bowtech do THIS year that was anything NEW??

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Not true at all. you are compairing apples to oranges here.

shorter power struck by several inches, 5 gpp not being met, different limbs... etc.

We are "slowing down" but we aren't at the top yet

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

they saved you the 30.00 and built a STS right into the bow!

20. IChim2

I agree and it'll be interesting to see how all this plays out in (09).