What glue?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Evil Dog, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Evil Dog

Evil Dog Junior Member

For those of you that build wood arrows and use plastic nocks, what glue have you been using? I've been using a 60 minute epoxy for both nocks and points, but am wondering about one of the hot glues. Also, do you finish the shaft before gluing or do you re-taper so that you would be gluing to bare wood?

2. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Evil Dog,

I beleive that most of us on this forum are shooting with training wheels on our bows and you wont get many responses to this thread.

Sorry, I couldn't help out.

3. Evil Dog

Evil Dog Junior Member

Hi Jay.... Probably not, but figured it was worth asking anyway. Will post it on one of the other boards. I've always preferred the old ways.... stick bows and wood arrows..... usually with selfnocks rather than those plastic things.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I have used the easton hot melt for wood shafts. Seems to work fine.

5. Ex-Okie

Ex-Okie Junior Member

Wood arrows

Go ahead and finish the shafts then use Fletchtite on the nocks and hot melt on the points. I like the hot melt glue sticks available at wally world crafts dept. It does not take as much heat to work and does not get hard and brittle.

6. Evil Dog

Evil Dog Junior Member

Strangely enough I picked up some hot glue sticks at Wally World with that very idea in mind. Think that I will try it on the nocks also to see how well it might or might not work.

7. Ex-Okie

Ex-Okie Junior Member

I would not use it on the nocks because it is too easy to deform plastic nocks with heat. The flextite or any fletching cement will work just fine.