What is the best peep sight?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by krist003, Mar 3, 2008.

1. krist003

krist003 New Member

Hey everyone. I am on the search for a new peep sight. What do you guys like? I am considering the G5 Meta peep. My brother has a 1/8 G5 Meta peep and it does not seem that great, but i thought maybe a little bigger one would be better.

Any other good peeps out there that i should look at (explain)? I do not want any peep tubing or a heavy peep either. I tried the timberline no-peep and it is a cool training tool and pretty accurate, but not as accurate as using a peep sight. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I like a 3/16" peep for target and 3D... I use a 1/4" peep to hunt with. I like the G5 metapeep that is what I have on my hunting rig...:noidea:

3. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

I have both the G5 and Fletcher in 1/8". I will not waste the money on the G5 again. The Fletcher suits me better. The G5 is lighter, if only I was comfortable with it.

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I took the peep off mine and went to a Hind; I don't miss it at all. When you're in the stand and you have to twist around for a shot there is no doubt if you have it or not; can't "cheat" by fudging your anchor point etc. if it's not there it's very obvious. There are a handfull of different off string sights; some like them some defintely don't - just a thought.

5. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Super Ball Peep kit. You can change the apacure size with the inserts. I use them in all my bows.

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

are you shooting pins or scope
    or both

7. viperarcher

viperarcher Junior Member

specialty archery Hooded super ball peep

I have used many different peeps over the years, but I feel the very best peep sight system I have used is the specialty archery Hooded super peep, with interchangable screw in apatures, you can use verifyer lens for hunting and screw in clarifyers or just holes for 3D. the hood keeps out the sun and rain.

8. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I've got the RAD Trio On my hunting setup. Don't like a peep with a connecting tube. Never had a problem with it lining up right. But I only hunt and practise for hunting. I don't shoot 3D or spots so I can't say anything on that level. The Rad Trio is the one that splits the string into thirds and has 3 connector slots on it.

9. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

peep

For hunting the G5 1/4" Metapeep is a good choice...
    I've switched from the G5 1/4" to the String Splitter Mini from SternerDuttera.com for my hunting bow for this year...Once you get use to using the String Splitter it's amazing the extra amount of light it lets in.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Super Ball peep or Super Ball Hunter peep (with the latex tube cord) are the peeps of choice in my opinion since you can change the aperture and/or use clarifiers/verifiers without messing with changing peep housings. The apertures/lenses screw into the housing with a small wrench. They are especially good for folks who use their hunting bow for indoor and 3D since you can gain some accuracy with a smaller peep and still be able to have that full field of view when hunting. They are not cheap but they are very flexible. I've used them for a couple of years now and will not go back to anything else.

Ron

11. krist003

krist003 New Member

I shoot a 5 pin sight by the way.

That super ball peep looks pretty cool. Is there really a significant difference in the hooded v.s. the non-hooded version? Is there any color that is best?

12. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a non hooded version but I don't use a clarifier or verifier lens in the aperture. If the weather was bad maybe the hooded version would help but I doubt it. That peep system is really good and is well worth looking at.

Ron

14. RedFletchings

RedFletchings Member

The String Splitter

Best thing I ever used.

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

i have the super peep its real versatile it can be anything from a clarifier to a verifier to a regular peep. its non hooded

16. OLDHUNTERMAN1

OLDHUNTERMAN1 New Member

I HOPE I CAN HELP SOME. THERE IS NO SPECIFIC ANSWER FOR U.
    WHEN I AM SHOOTING INDOOR COMPETETION I USE A 1/8TH DIAMETER PEEP AS IT PROFILES WITH MY SINGLE PIN SIGHT HOUSING SO THAT I DO NOT EVEN SEE THE HOUSING-ONLY THE PIN. FOR 3-D SHOOTING I USE A 1/4" DIAMETER PEEP. BOTH ARE TYIED OFF SO THEY DONT SLIP IN THE STRING.
    THE 1/4' peep i use WHEN I SHOOTING "pins". WHEN I AM USING A
    "SCOPE" I USUALLY USE A 1/8 DIAMETER. ALMOST EXCLUSIVLY, WHEN HUNTING WITH PINS, I USE A FULL 1/4" DIAMETER. THIS WILL LET MORE LIGHT INTO YOUR PUPIL AS THE SUN FADES OUT. THIS WILL GIVE U A LITTLE MORE TIME FOR UR HUNT.

17. Power Tech

Power Tech New Member

Never used a sight. Taught by my uncle Wendell Janssen (CA broad head champ). Just ordered a Hind sight. I am a better hunter, he is a better shot. I tried the peep and was always more accurate without it. I will post results.